Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

urinary urgency

MazyMMazy Posts: 272
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Anyone know how to tell if this would be caused by cervical stenosis or some other problem? How would I tell this was being caused by stenosis? I have heard stenosis can cause changes in bladder/bowel habits. Anyone with any experience with this kinda stuff? Thanks for any info--Mazy

• see a doctor NOW!!!!
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hey mazy,
    Straker is right, you need to consult your physician(s) soon! Nothing more needs to be said.

Take care,
  • This is considered a serious emergency. Look up Cauda Equina Syndrome.

Get to the ER!!

Take care and keep us posted,

• for your responses!--Mazy
  • I had this at Xmas time. The doctor diagnosed mine as urinary tract infection.

I had gone to the urgent care center. Then one week later I went to my Primary Care Doctor. She prescribed Ciprofloxacin. This is my second week on this. There were still some white blood cells in my urine.

I'm not sure what is next if it isn't cleared by the end of this week. I don't have the urgency now. I only had that Xmas week.

So, I dunno in my case what to think after reading the above.

Ken GreyEagle
  • Thanks for your input. I head to my PCP today. Since all of my cervical problems began, I'm an TWICE as paranoid when anything else happens to me. So, I appreciate hearing what everyone else has to say. Thank you, and God Bless!--Mazy
  • I have been dealing with Bathroom Urgency from the standpoint of when I get the feeling of I got to go, I have less then a couple of seconds to get to bathroom or I have leaked or completely wet. It will wake me up 4 times a night to go and I have just enough time to get to the toilet. I have to change alot because I smell of urine and my urine has a strong odor to it. Today the burning started and I don't want to get off the toilet. The stream has reduced immensly and even though I have gone for the next 20 minutes I still feel like I have to go real bad and I am burning inside. I had some Cephalphlexan (spelling might be wrong) that is for Urinary Tract Infections that I had so I started them for some relief. My concern is about the Caude stuff you talk about. My normal problem severe urgency, strong odor, multiple urines daily and nightly.
  • Since my surgery 8/24, I've been peeing like crazy, I mean, I pee, empty bladder, can't even get of toilet, and I am peeing again! Frequency is out of control! Morning pee is so painful! I say morning, that's a joke, its 2:00am, still up (as usual) - even with restaril, I am lucky to get 4-6 hrs, if lucky.
    I had an ALIF (lumbar fusion from belly - they move all your stuff out of the way) I drink lots of water - Always! Then pain started after urinating.
    Sharp! I knew this was not normal, I never had a UTI, bladder,or kidney infection. I told my NS during a call, he blew it off, said you only let out what you take in; he said it is common for me to have abdominal pain from my procedure. I had also had low grade fever for ten days, again ew off, said if it hits 101.5; that's a fever. I saw my pain mgmt doc a few days later. He said no this is not right, told me to go right to PCP and have blood & urinelysis. It was positive for bacteria, Cipro was given. Now two rounds later. I am now leaking, when I walk. Started yesterday , called PCP,he ordered more cipro, and a drug to stop bladder spasms, I think it is called Datrol LA 4mg, I say I think as my insurance DENIED, to fill RX! Pharmacy said happens sometimes, doc has to complete some more paperwork to get approval. first time for me, I have filled hundreds of scripts this year- why this pill?
    I will call my NS tomorrow (later today) to bring him up to date.
    I remember before surgery all docs wanted to know if I was having issues urniating or with BM, so preoperatively it must be a big deal.

Please seek help ASAP! First thing in the morning!
    Keep us posted!
    I hope it is just a UTI or something, easily treated with antibiotics!
  • Mazy!
    I don't post a lot, but comment often and I guess I through in all my crap!
    I don't mean to take away from the urgency of your symptoms!
    Again, seek attention ASAP!
  • my problem is the exact opposite, i do not feel the sensation to go. it could be 2 p.m. when i suddenly think "hey, i haven't gone for a pee yet, i guess i should go" so then off i go to the bathroom. it must be horrible to feel as if you have to go and go and go. nothing like living in the bathroom, eh?