Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anyone have inj in thoracic for chronic pain?????

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Chronic Pain
If so how long did it last? What other treatments have you tried? Thanks!!!!

• Nice to meet you jobee and welcome to spine health!
    Yes I have had a ESI epidural injection for my T1 area and lumbar area.
    It worked wonders on the thoracic but not the lumbar as the injury itself was not fixable by an injection.
    I had that in Feb of 07 I think?? When I started pain managment the first time.
    I felt bruised and beat up for about 4 days but fingers crossed it did the trick!!
    Yes Iv had some flares here and here but nothing like before the injection.
    Is this what your dr has ordered for you or suggested???
    Do your homework, makesure they do these procedures all the time. If they use concious sedation which helps you totally relax and that they use a fluroscope to guide the needle.
    I had to be given extra meds through my IV as I have a very low pain threshold. But after a hour I was ready to go home. I just iced and relaxed for a few days..

Good luck
  • In September 2007 I had a bilateral rhizotomy from T6 to T12. Unfortunately, it exacerbated the pain I had and I suffered a lot more afterwards than I was suffering before. The nerve pain became unbearable, and is just now getting to the point where I can stand at the sink for more than five minutes without going crazy from the nerve pain and/or sensations.

Just thought I'd share my experience...I'm sure others have had good results, so hopefully you'll get some more posts.

• Hi Jobee,
    The pain injections work wonders. They really do help.I was very lucky i was able to walk about breaking that part of my BACK in a bad car accident. STILL in pain but iv'e gotten stronger threw the years. Let me run something by you--(not to worry you thought ok)-3 years ago i had a god awful pain threw my chest-was diagnosed with a pinched nerve in my chest-after ever procedure you can think of i found out i misdiagnosed. Started thRowing up blood--hurahh. And god save me and a great doctor. Had malt lyphoma- a mild form of stomach cancer. Now every time i see someone with thoraic pain-i just have to tell them.It's extremely rare what i had,But the lord saved me to help others. You;ll do fine with the injections. Heat works great. And try to ask for tramodol---take 4 day great for the bones without cumbling them like some of the pain meds. wELL LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT..OK DIANE
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Dealing with Thoracic disc problems can be one of the most difficult of all spinal problems. First thing to be sure of is to Identify the problem to know what T-disc is damaged. Thoracic discs are the most difficult of all discs to damage because of how rigid/strong they are and that they are attached to our rib cage. So, when we do damage one, there is a lot of work that needs to get done.
    I have had ESI and Trigger point injections several times inn the thoracic area. I wish I could report success like Terri did, but none of these helped (but I have had good luck with those injections in my lumbar and/or cervical area)
    But I would definitely start with ESI's. I would try every conservative treatment there is for thoracic problems and I would try them over and over.
    I found Aquq Therapy and acupuncture to help my thoracic areaa. For me the best treatment was Deep Tissue Massage. After years (about 12) of thoracic problems and no real effective treatment, my deep upper back muscle (rhomboid) basically had locked up and became rigid. That created strain on several of my Thoracic discs. THe Deep Tissue Mssage treatments eventually were able to make that muscle more pliable. In fact, for me, it was the Deep Tissue Massage that gave me back a good part of my life.

Investigate, Research and Discuss all options regarding Thoracic dics and the various treatmentss

Good luck
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I have had injections twice at 3 locations around t9. Neither gave me any relief and the second time I had worse pain for several days. Also during the second one I had an area on my left side by my shoulder blade above the injury that felt numb/frozen and still get that sensation sometimes 3 years later. Very minor compared to the rest of my problems but wondering if he poked something and if anyone else has had this.
  • Thanks to all who replied. I went to a Physcial Med Dr. today-He gave me an inj at the end of my shoulder blade on both sides.He said I should see an improvement by Sat if it works. He told me I should invest in a rowing machine and use it twice a week, and that will strengthen my upper back, and to lift 10 lbs weights.
This discussion has been closed.