Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in left leg and burning in foot

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
My wife had surgery on 12-9-08. She had the disk removed and fused. L5/S1
Her left leg is getting stronger,(right leg is good) but the pain and burn in the left is still there. It wasn't this bad before surgery.
The Doctor said the nerve has been pressed on and its going to take time to heal. How long will this last?
Is this normal?
We go back to the Doctor on 1-29-09. What should we ask him?

• Hiya >:D< Welcome to spine health :D I hope you find all the information helpful and our members are genuine and friendly O:) We can on give advice on our personal experiences as we are not medical professionals O:)These kind of surgeries take time to heal, and everyone is different :? Ask the doctor if there is any lasting nerve damage! :S I do know that a burning sensation is the nerves and can be very uncomfortable ~X( . She needs to take it easy, and dont do to much to soon. keep posting! Good Luck for the 29th, and let us know how she gets on. :)

Angie :H
  • Hi and welcome!
    Nice of you to post for you wife to find out information.
    None of us can play Dr of course even though I would love to have the job!! :D

I also had pain for about 2 months out from surgery. It did eventually go away in time. I used alot of heat and ice.
    I am not sure where you live but if its like where I am and its FRIGID outside. The best exercise I imagine her dr told her is walking. If she cannot do that outside, like me I am trying to find a used treadmill for sale.
    All our muscles and nerves were messed around with during this type of surgery. Some people wake up feeling wonderful and go on with their life. Some of us it takes a great while to recover.
    I am 4 months out and still am having pain just in my lower back though.
    When I came home I had the nerve pain in my feet that was never there before the orginal surgery.
    But the dr was right and it POOFED! It just took time and patience.
    I did alot of stretching of my legs to while laying flat or even sitting up.
    But anything I said that I did to get rid of mine please ask her dr about first.
    Also there is medications for nerve related issues. Mabye something you also would like to discuss with the Dr at the next appt. This also may help her. May not get rid of the pain but put it at ease till she heals some more.
    This is a very long recovery and that is what we are here for is to keep you and her going through the process!!

Sorry for the long post. If you stick around with us, you will know I just write and write and write, since hubby blocks me out =)) =)) =))