Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any Recommendations for Lumbar Support Cushions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I have been searching the internet for a good lumbar support cushion for my office chair at home. Can you recommend a make from personal experience.

I had a Lumbar Decompression with a fusion of the L4/5 on December 3. I will be going back to work next Wednesday 8 weeks post surgery. I am a Human Resources Assistant for a City government and spend a good part of my day sitting at a desk. I am starting out working part time to see how long I can endure. I know that at home I can stay up for about 3 hours max and then have to lay down.

I am sure all of you who have been through this know how frustrating this can be. When you get to that point you just can't sit any longer. I will also be driving for the first time next week. Luckily my work is 10 minutes from home. Only problem winter weather here in Cleveland, OH so always that fear of falling due to snow or ice.

I went to the doctor last week and my spine is starting to fuse and he was very pleased with my progress. Still on pain meds but he assured me that I should still be in pain. Next visit is in 6 weeks and hopefully at that point physical therapy. Also no need to continue wearing my back brace although at times I still use it.

Thanks and any suggestions are appreciated.