Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Herbs for pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Medications
Has anyone had any luck with herbs for pain problems?

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H i see this is only your second post and i want you to make yourself at home and have a good look around. you might check"alternative treatments" for some ideas on that. :? i am into herbs and supplements alot and i don't know of any for pain except marijuana. in many states it is legal and you can see a doctor and get a medical card to recieve medical marijuana. it helps pain from cancer to chronic pain. =D> i also use the supplements magnesium and melatonin for a natural sleep. you can get them at any health food store. Valerian is also used for sleep and it is an herb used much like Valium is, for relaxation, anxiety and sleep. i hope this gives you a few starting points. there is a good discussion on "medical marijuana" in the "Pain Medication" forum. it is used by some here. good luck as you search for pain relief. i always feel that the Lord but herbs, weeds, and plants on this earth for us to use. i hope you find relief there. of course it is always a good idea to speak to a doctor or pharmacist about any interactions with your other meds. Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Many ancient culture and many today from various spots slong the globe believe in herbs for relieving pain.
    The thing I have discovered while researching this are ( because I would love to do only natural medications) is that the herbal remedies we get here in the States ( cant say the same for other countries) is adulterated, changed, mixed, diluted, etc from the original source.
    What might be the best healing way down deep in the jungles of Brazil in its natural form, changes so much by the time it hits the market.

But I still would seek out herbal medications over some of the formal medications we pick up at the drug store.

Over the years, I have grown about 6 different medical herb.
    I cant say I have had success. What was suppose to make a great tea, relaxing, calm you nerves was disgusting and it was impossible to drink. Did it help? Heck, I have no idea, because I tried to consume anything that would take the taste away.

But that will not stop me for looking
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com