Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

G'bye Spine Haelth

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Water Cooler
I can't leave without saying GOODBYE to many, many nice folks here that have been so helpful to me. Kept me from leaving the planet, in fact, during my pain induced serious depression. I can't even find the words to express how much you have meant to me...I will miss you all very much. If I could use 2 pages for all the names, I may get them all listed.
Oh, and I can't forget the concerns so many showed me when I've been beleagered by drug side effects, the novo-virus, bronchitis, surgery, injections....you know what I mean.

I have come to learn that there are many here who feel I am someone they needed to report to Mods..that I have bad chat habits, and have received a warning..but, it didn't say that I was vulgar, threatning, harassing.....so maybe I was all those things...??? seems like I would have been banned a long time ago if those were my issues. I have been using chat for maybe a year or so now.

Lastly, to the 2 young "ladies" who got the ball rolling for me in this direction....

Sentence deleted. It was in fact vulgar and only used for retaliation, which I explicitly requested that no one do. Any other discussion has been done in private via private messages.

by Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health Adimistrator 01/18/09

• im sorry to see you leaving spine health, but in a way i can understand why. i too am begining to feel shunned by members who ionce thought of as my friends.

words alone cannot express my loss of you and others that i have considered my friends...

stay safe, stay as sane as possible, and pm me with where you went, cuz i would like very much to follow you!

wishing you less painfull days...

all my love,

• Hate to see you go Drea. I really hate that this all turned out like this. The only thing that I am going to say, is that I wish the best for you and your health and that everything works out for you the way you planned. And although you may never believe so, I am always here for everyone here on spine-health when they need it. My prayers for you...

• Drea...please don't go because of a couple of childish members actions. There are so many of us on chat that need you...and you have been such a great supportive friend to me...please don't go.
  • I am sorry that you have made the choice to leave, SH will miss you and I hope we do see you here again. All the best to you, and your health.
  • I am sorry to hear that you are leaving. You are someone I always looked forward to seeing in chat.

• I totally understand, and once again i would hope and encourage the mods to look at tonight's chat's logs. Maybe you will see what has been happening to turn chat into a place of craziness.

where certain people talk of selling meds to family members, cutting ER meds, and sexually charged rantings.
    Just because they feel devious? go figure. So sad to see on many levels.Funny to to watch a room clear out over one persons ramblings rather sad as well. Where are all those that talk of wanting chat to be a place to come and relax and chill with your friends. People had to leave. This is not the SH I joined just under two years ago. YOu can apologize yet there has to be merit to it, apologize for what? Really...

Ron. Bruce. Miki, Paul i really hope you look at tonight's log, just for the fun of it.

And for all the people that say this is why they do not use chat, this is not usual for chat. Chat is another extension of support where the majority 95% of people act like adults, some are young but they are young adults.
  • How sad. I hope you decide to stay if given the chance. You always made me feel good, like a friend should. Here is a :) for you.
  • This is news to me that there was anything going on. I hope you reconsider your decission to leave, we will miss you on here if you go. take care, Mitch
  • I don't understand what happened as I wasn't there. I always found you to be kind. I know what it's like to have been critisized as I'm very sensitive also. Please know that it's a majority of people who like you here and consider you a friend. please don't give up the support group that you've always liked. I hope that if ever I was doing something that wasn't up to snuff with the rest of folk that they would approach me in a gentle way. Stay cool girlfriend. God bless. O:) Charry >:D<
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Andrea please dont go >:D< You have helped so many of us on here :? I have always thought you to be , kind, caring, considerate, and always emphasize with people :? .We have had so many laughs in the chat room :))( That i will miss. I havnt been on myself much lately due to being ill :''( i dont know what has happened, but for you to go is so unfair >:D<

Andrea we all love you. Please have a change of heart. We need you to stay. You are one of the nice members on here. >:D<

Angie :''(
  • Drea,

Please dont go. You are well liked here and very well loved. You have built that up over a long period of time. You have so much experience and your words of guidance and empathy are like no one elses. You are a kind lady, good sense of humour etc, and if you do go that will be missed.

Sometimes people wish they could have turned the clock back, to do things differently. No matter how hard we want that its sadly not a reality yet.

Sometimes things are best done via PM, and this is one of those cases. Something that so easily could have been dealt with via a mutual apology has meant everyone concerned has had a good few sleepless night, tears shed and upset emotions. THe members involved never wanted that for anyone, not you or anyone else involved in this episode.

Please please stay Drea. SH would truly not be the same without you.

Love and hugs
    a very sad
  • drea, i wish you would reconsider about leaving. you have welcomed many people who came into chat...and you have given a lot of support to people by lending an ear. you will be missed drea by many people on sh. take care my friend...m
  • Drea,
    As you already know, I would hate to see you leave SH. You have always been here for me, and many others in our times of need. When I first joined SH, I loved coming into chat seeing what song you were singing that night! It was one of the reasons I've stuck around and made so many good friends.

I understand it's tough to ignore others actions. Words cut deep. But, I hope that you can eventually put it behind you, and come back to us.

I will miss you greatly.

Your friend,
  • I am very sad also that you are going....

The reason I am posting is because I wanted to express my feelings concerning "reporting." Just think what it would be like if we did not have that option!!! We would work it out, ignore that person, or go to another room to chat. Reporting reminds me of telling the teacher when you had problems with someone and did not know how to deal with it. You would think as adults we could figure something else to do instead of reporting. I have learned from passed experiences.
    Just my thoughts...

Have a good day!!!
  • I just wanted to comment from the point of view as a newer member. I have always found you to be kind and helpful. I have reached to you, became a recent buddy and respect what you have said in chat. I thought about this all day, and I appreciate the time that you spent to guide and mentor me. I will remember you. Take care, and please reconsider. Blue
  • We sure did have our fights on chat. But I enjoyed every last one of them. I sure will miss the great Wicked Witch of the East that you were, no matter what geographical domain you reside in. I know, moderators have thrown some melting water your way, but I hope to see you re-materialize somewhere else, somewhere soon. I was the one who was supposed to burn you at the stake, so I shall have my revenge...looks like in the next virtual life!

You pissed me off but I yet came to ultimately like you...which is the ultimate compliment!

Folks, as for fairness, let's not be naive. As is true in much of life, fairness is fairer for those in the inner circle, even on a spinal chat board. Least common denominator arrears weigh greater than numerous positive contributions a person make, for most of us anyways. If you get snitched on, expect a holier-than-thou letter of the law application of justice being served. It's the way it is...and the majority tolerate it, complaining only when it happens to them.

It's not even ironic.

Cheers, Mate
  • after all that has been said above there is not much more i can say....your a good person drea and i know it.

LOVE P
  • Don't let a few peoples view of you destroy all of the friendships you have formed in chat.
    Drea you are funny , witty,loving, caring and cool.
    Don't leave Drea you will be missed immensely !
    Love your friend.
  • Geez~I've only been in chat a couple of times,but Drea was very nice to me and made me feel welcome.I had not chatted for 9 years,and was nervous about being 'rusty'.Well Drea-I've no idea what has happened & of course it's none of my business...but IMO it's a shame that w/e has happened has led to you leaving S~H.

• Miss drea, thanks for all the positive times, and the compassion you've shown. I don't know what happened, and I don't want to know the particulars. But please know that you will be missed by many people here. I hope your back pain becomes more and more tolerable, and that if you need some support you will come back once in a while and let us help you. Hang in there! Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Don't go please! I was just getting to know you. If Ben thought you were cool then you are. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch girl:-)

Love ya,
  • I normally stay out of chat, and it probably was a good idea that I did. I hope you change your mind and stay here at SH. You would be sorely missed by everybody and this community would be boring if everyone was oh so perfect; I love feistyness and candor. Anyway, please give it another chance.
  • Did Drea come back? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN