Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What is your opinion? Scoliosis, psoratic arthritis, or something else?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Chronic Pain
Thank goodness I finally found a good forum! The pain started in April of 2008. I work at a warehouse. I put a light box up on a shelf, right above my head. I felt a pinch around my left shoulder blade/spine. Went away. 2 days later my back locked up between my shoulders and I could not bend or twist for an hour at least. This happened 3 more times in the next 2 days. I went to work and reported it, honestly. I explained this was the only incident that clearly stood out in my head as unusual. I had mentioned it to a co-worker that same shift so they said she was my witness. whatever. anyway, I went to their doctor every 2 weeks for 3 months. He would push on my back and say it was a strained muscle and would heal. i also still had the constant pain in the same area i felt the pinch and my shoulder/upper arm has had a burning sensation that has not gone away yet. My back was always popping and my headaches were constant. Workers comp denied and i didn't fight because anything could be going on. Then, my elbows started hurting and my hands would go numb all the time (and still do). Everything feels really heavy. Had an EMG, I have pinched ulnar nerves in both elbows. My neck/lower head has been hurting almost since this all began. Orthopedic doctor ordered MRI of neck. I have herniated/degenerative disc and psoratic arthritis. The past 4 weeks my back has been locking up constantly and I can't get comfortable when i sleep. Ortho doc went ahead and did x-ray and I have a 25% curvature. He is sending me back to therapy, again. The other night I vomited. When I did I got an extremely bad shooting pain right below my neck (on my spine) that went all the way down both arms to my fingertips. My elbows and shoulders hurt awfu. If you've had your tonsils out you know how bad that feels? well mine were taken out less than a year ago and this pain was 10 times that. I have never felt that bad. What caused that? Why is everything hurting? Should I go to another doctor? Also, in the past year I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes and endometriosis. I also have PCOS. Sorry this is so long. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

• I hope you've stopped working and hope you're Dr. is doing that for you. I'm on meds for my back and also some nerve meds like lyrica and amitriptyline. You should review your meds with your Dr. It's difficult because we're not Drs so we wouldn't be able to make a diagnosis. We'll be able to support you when your MRI comes back. I hope you keep us posted and take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • No, I am still working. I work 12 hour shifts Fri, Sat and Sunday doing inventory work. I do have 2 days of FMLA available per month. He told me to take flexeril 3x a day and viccodin when I go to bed. I haven't had an MRI on my back. That's why I am wondering if I should see another doctor. The doctor doesn't work with spines/back. He was just trying to get me in to give me his opinion. He's just sending me to therapy to help strengthen my back and said I should consider going to a chiropractor for my scoliosis.
  • Hiya >:D< Welcome To Spine Health. O:) I am so sorry you are in so much pain :( Do you also have psoriasis? :?Some doctors like to try every other avenue before they do any surgery :B . But If you are not satisfied with the doctor :? , i would most certainly seek another opinion :S . You need a pain management to , so you can be put on the correct medication O:) .If i were you, i certainly would not still be working :S , because you do not know if you will be doing any further damage :S I am not medically trained in this area ~X( , but i would not be doing any theropy on my back until i know what is going on, you could be doing further damage :S You need to see an orthopedic surgeon as soon as you can :S My personal experience i would not hesitate any more where my back is concerned because your back is the main prop of your body and sometimes the damage is irriversable. :? keep me posted! >:D<

Angie :H
  • Hi Angie. Sorry it took me so long to respond but I had forgotten to bookmark this site. Yes, I have had psoriasis for...almost 20 years now. I was around 10 when it first started showing up. It in school it always stayed on my knees. As an adult it has mainly been on both arms, with the worst being my elbows. Lately I have started noticing small spots on other parts of my body (hip, foot, face). This is never a good sign. Whenever I get flair-ups it means something else is going on with my body. When it showed up for the very first time the doctor told my mom I had 102 temp and a severe case of strep and tonsilitis. My husband had to go get a shot in his knee today and when I was there I talked to my doctor. He is referring me to a neurosurgeon. Thanks so much for your response.
This discussion has been closed.