Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ultracet/Ultram differences

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Medications
I know that Ultracet contains acteaminophen and that Ultram does not. I have used Ultracet for years but stopped taking it last fall as it was not working anymore. My doctor suggested trying Ultram instead since I use Percocet and we are trying to keep the Tylenol dosage as low as possible.

Can anyone tell me if Ultram has worked for them especially if you have taken Ultracet before?

This bitter cold weather is aggrevating my lumbar area where I had a fusion last March. My cervical bulging discs are really causing me problems as well. So I am open to trying anything!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

• take Ultram and Zanaflex with Norco for when the pain days are really bad. I do quite well with it. Also , my hubby who has had 3 back surgeries ( a little over 10 years ago) only takes Ultram for his pain and he doesn't take it daily....he works 12 hour shifts and walks over 5 miles a day at work....now we both have extremely high tolerances for pain which may be one reason that we are able to take the Ultram and not need to be on heavy narcotics at all times. If your doctor wants you to try it then go for it...the worst that could happen is that it won't work for you and then you are no worse off than you are right now but if it works then great...even better. I wish you the best in all of this and please do keep us posted as to what you decide and how you do. If there is anything at all that I can help you with then please just let me know. Take care....Miki
  • I have been on both Ultracet and Ultram before. Both seemed to work OK for me. I prefer Ultram as it does not have acetaminophen/paracetamol.
    Keep positive!

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I have it here and it works for just the normal aches. If I am in severe pain and mix it with a muscle relaxer or sometype of like valium it works even better.
    Of course nothing will beat percocet.
    I found the ultracet to give me a upset stomach. I think because of the tylenol in it...

Good luck