Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help how bad is this

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
"I have had neck right shoulder arm hand pain and tingling and numbness headaches for about 1 year

treatment pain meds and muscle relax

What treatments and what my prognosis

C-4-5 loss of disc hydration

C-5 C-6 Broad base left paracentral disc protrusion.
this protursion measures 12mm transverse X approximately
6mm in AP dimension and markedly contours the left ventral margin of the spinal cord as well as narrows the neural inlet, subarticular recess,and left neural foramen at this level

C-6 c-7 there is a broad-based ccentral dicsc protrusion which effects the ventral CSF space and contours the ventral margin of the spinal cord also left paracentric forminal and extraforaminal component at this level
this component appears to primary be related to uncovertebral joint spurring and disc-osteophyte complex
but there is narrowing of the left neural foramen"

• I am no doctor but I'd say if your medical team hasn't done anything after a year with those symptoms I'd be off to see another doc.

Again, I have no qualifications to interpret an MRI report. What did your doctor have to say about it? What type of doctor are you seeing?

Sometimes we have to be our own advocates in our health care. I don't know how many times I've said that but it remains true. If you're having the same symptoms after a year then there isn't anything truely beneficial being done.

Good luck to you and please let us know how you're doing.

• Thanks for the reply in may of 2007 I had gotten ill I have acute diverticulitis and have had a good portion of my colon remove and my last collectomy eas in Nov of 07

And when I had My MRI I was not healed from the collectomy yet and seen the NS and had to pass on the surgery and he sent me to PM doctor and at this point I have to find a new NS but the NS says that the protrusion are so low in my neck and I am so big in the upper body neck ares that he would have to split my chest bone to fix my neck

My PM doctor is tellimg me that the benefits from the surgery
    would not be great for the recovery if any at all and also the
    risk with it

so I am at a cross roads live on pain meds or have the surgery and hope for the best

• That's rough you've been through alot but I think you need another opinion from a Neuro or Ortho Dr. Take care Charry.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN