Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do I do now ?!?!?!?!

onlyonelucyonlyonelucy Posts: 20
I had a microdiscectomy between L4 & L5 2 years ago for a herniated disc. I had an MRI 2 weeks ago and now I have a serious bulge between L5 & S1 with the sciatic nerve being pinched. OOOHHHHH MYYYYY GOOODDDDDDD, this is the worst pain ever! My right butt cheek, hamstring and calf all have KNIVES in them. I had 2 spinal epidurals (steroid) last month and they each only lasted 1 day. Now, I am going this Thursday for a nerve root block. Guys, I cannot even walk without limping. I have had Vicodin, Demerol and Lyrica. The pain just laughs at it. I am in agony 24/7. It doesn't come and go- it stays constant and is unbearable.

• I'm sorry that you're having so much pain. I had similar happen to me and understand how terrible it can get. After my microdiscectomy, I had a recurrent herniation on L4-5 and the L5-S1 disc was squashing the nerve into bone. I was not a happy camper. I had other problems listed below that were addressed during the fusion.
    I hope the nerve root block gives you some relief. The doctors are more than likely trying to buy time before having to resort to another surgery. I think they should put you on a long acting narcotic to better control your pain like MS Contin, Kadian, Fentanyl, or Oxycontin. It would be effective paired with a break through medicine like the vicodin or demerol that you are already taking. Hang in there, there are other things the doctor can try to get the pain under control. I really hope you feel better >:D<