Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mrs p's...........week 3

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
well hello all,
well i went back to the pharmacy to get weight and according to their scales i have GAINED 2lb!!!

well to be honest i dont agree!!
im at the stage were i can feel a big difference in my clothes and people are begining to comment on me loosing weight.

i went yesterday and bought myself a new set of salter slimline digital scales complete with bmi and all the other jargon.so from this week on i shall be weighing on those scales.

i really am not worried what those scale i weighted on today said because there is defo a loss there.

look forward to hearing from the rest off you.

• sound like you have the right attitude Mrs.P....good for you!!!! I think everyone needs to remember that scales are not always right and it doesn't take alot to set them off balance so don't ever get too disheartened if you find yourself in the same type of scenario as Mrs. P....just keep on going and don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still wishing nothing but the best for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May 2009 be a wonderful year for each and everyone of you in everything , not just your weight loss goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • of scales Paula, im sure you have lost if you clothes are loose,i know you l not let it get you down.you l be so proud off me went for a 40 min walk also going to buy a step machine and the bread is gone,so if theres no weight loss next week il just scream lol

will weigh in tomorrow
  • just remember if your working out too that muscle weighs more than fat. so if you lose 3 lbs fat you might gain 6 lbs of muscle. just like benji said if cloths are looser than your losing the weight just getting more muscle tone. ive been doing the same lifting more and gaining instead of losing but im ssssslllllooowwwwlllyyy getting back into jeans. so measure yourself for a while instead of weighing. you will see more changes. i went from a 34 waist to a 32 without losing weight. 2 yrs ago.
  • mrs p. alright, call me crazy =)) but don't we have Thursday as weigh-in day and today is Wednesday?? i just want to make sure i have that right and have not flipped entirely!! :D regardless, i am up for it as i have a 4 pound loss as of today.. =D> that puts me at 145#. all the walking with the pedometer has paid off but i think the journaling is helping alot as well. having to write down everything i put in my mouth, i wasn't really counting 'bites" as food before, makes me think twice. :? those "bites" really add up. ~X( good luck everyone this week! Jenny :)
  • i went to the dr today and i lost 2 more pds. i still havent gone strict on a diet yet. keep it going everyone!!
  • brokenlady, that is really good for a week!! =D> you should be proud of yourself!! <:P imagine what will happen when you start your regular food plan. :? good luck this coming week! Jenny :)
  • Congrats everyone.
    I have been horrible with dieting this week, since I'm trying to clean out the pantry and need to use up everything before I move.

Plus, the stress makes me want chocolate. I'll diet when I get settled in NY and can use the treadmill at my dad's.

Keep up the good work everyone.

PS. I like being able to weigh in any day of the week. I think it is more flexible, plus the weigh in day doesn't matter as long as we are losing and supporting each other along the way.
  • ok folks ill bump this up to the top as some are fickle about the weigh in day!!
    sorry to all for posting on wednesday.....i guess my head is all messed up.....sure its ok ill just blame the medslol......again!!!
  • I just gained back the 4 pounds I lost but I think my clothes fit better so it must be muscle weight because I've been excercising.Yay! Broken Lady! And everyone also <:P =D> Keep up the good work. I hope your move goes well Ava. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • good to see you back charry,yeah i feel like you do to so we must be doing ok if we know the clothes are fitting better.

LOVE P
  • Well, sadly I am reporting that I didn't lose any weight this week. :-( However, in measurements, I have lost inches so that is a good thing! Sometimes the scales don't show what we'd like, but if we are measuring ourselves, the results will be there....the gift of our hard work!

Continuing on....and hoping for a great week for everyone!

• mstitanium, checking our measurements it a great way to check for a change in our bodies.. congratulations!!!! <:P keep your tape handy and ready for another week!! :D Jenny :)
  • Well - I'll take the 1 1/2 lbs this week!! I figure it is better than last week!! Total of 4 1/2 lbs- in 3 weeks.

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

• Well, I didn't lose :''( and I didn't gain this week. :D But, I didn't get in any walking either. I am craving a big, fat, juicy hamburger with french fries right now!!! But, I will be good and go eat a salad.

Best of luck to everyone this week.
  • jean jaye, good job on your weight loss this week!! <:P Joy,i am with you on the burger.. i have been dreaming of one the last few days and i am a vegetarian!!! :? staying the same is better than a weight gain!! this week holds all kinds of possibilities.. good luck!! Jenny :)
  • For last week, I posted on week one. So now I am giving you guys both last week and this one. Week 2 was 264 I gained one pound and this week was 263.

Hopefully I will do better next week...........evensteven.
  • neednewback, down a pound this week, <:P good for you!! next week will only be better!! :D Jenny :)
  • Hello mrs P~and EVERYONE ELSE :H

I popped in to show my support & to read all of your posts.It's not that I'm not trying,but I don't diet in the conventional manner,and don't weigh myself unless I go to my PCP(which will not be until FEB.10)

There are a lot of changes going on in my life right now,so weight might not be a first priority for me,but my health is,and losing weight would certainly not hurt!

Good luck to you all~ :)))
  • well paula a got on the scales today and im down just under 195 from being 200 last week.im slowly geting back to my old eating habits and working out every day. im able to button jeans now but unable to tuck anything in yet. so i figure i lost an inch. i know its hard for some in here to even try to lift weights due to there med problems. but even the slightest arm movements is an exercise. start out by using wrist weights or 2lb dumbells. do a couple arm movements a day and u will be surprised how much strength you get. ive learned over the yrs of losing weight and working out that the lighter you lift and the more u do is a better exercise.and for the ones sitting in a chair while working on computer. swap the chair for a exercise yoga ball. it will give you strength and balance without realizing it. even sitting on it to watch tv. give it a try any little exercise means something. so have fun and ill let u know how im doing next week.
  • cliffy that was a lovely post, it was easy to read that the words were spoken from your heart and see you were genuinaly intrested in what you were writing.
    it shows that you are truly committed to adding to the diet post and in improving the quality off life off those on sh.
    i love to read your posts they are very informative.

LOVE P
  • :) Robin, hi!! :H it is so nice you stopped by.. support is a big thing and we can all use lots of it. <:P jump in anytime you like! either way it is good to see you are doing ok and still have a great sense of humour. Jenny :)
  • Hi all,
    Went back to work 3 weeks ago...hard to find time to exercise...but I'm sticking (pretty much) to the diet. Lost 2 more for this week.

I changed my goal weight from 190 lbs to 185 lbs...because that supposedly puts me in the normal weight category for my height in BMI numbers...(Normal weight = 18.5-24.9)

Also found this cool "Ticker" to keep my progress on...and it's FREE! Found it by observing "avaccaro's" postings. Thanks Amanda! Hope your move goes OK this weekend.
  • Thank you Jenny!

Always the cheerleader-sometimes I don't know how you manage maintaining your optimistic attitude-but I,for one am glad to see it.

TKing~I like the way you changed your goal weight to keep in with a healthy BMI-it shows flexibility,which I think is a healthy thing...also I like the ticker.Congrats on going back to work!!
  • for 2 days due to a bug can t believe i did nt lose infact it looks as if i gained 2 pound,how can that b? so im off 2 buy new scales today.
    well done al u that have lost,4 pounds lulu wow lucky u
  • benji, that is so disappointing!! throwing up is usually a sure thing!! :D maybe a new scale is the way to go!! don't feel bad.. i bet it is the scale!! :? can't wait to hear about the new one.. =D> Jenny :)
  • hi!! we need to eat some fats everyday if you are doing any exercise at all. =D> fat is also necessary to keep your metabolism revved up and to feel full after meals. nuts can provide a full and balanced way to get that fat. :? different nuts can provide different nutrients as well. these include almonds which have plenty of calcium and vitamin E,walnuts which has the highest concentration of Omega-3 oils of all the nuts and pecans and peanuts. of course all nuts need to be used in moderation. other fats which can be used daily include olives, avocados, and healthy oils like canola and olive oil. so don't look away when it comes to having fats in your diet. :D they are a necessary part of the building blocks we need in our diet daily! <:P so have some fat today! happy eating! Jenny :)
  • Does my peanut m&m's count. Ok got the scale out this week. But no solid foods yet so nothing really to report. Not up or down. Hopefully throat issue will be better next week. Happy to see all those who have lost. Good luck to you this week.
  • But I'm fairly certain I haven't lost this past week. I spent a lot of time in bed so the decrease in activity probably caught up with me.

I must admit that over the past 24 hours I've been binge eating. I opened a can of betty crocker chocolate fudge frosting and ate it a spoonful at a time until it is now gone. I enjoyed every bite I ate. Took me 24 hours, but that is NOT the way to lose weight. Of course now I am kicking myself for giving in to my craving. I have identified this problem and know that if I wouldn't binge I would lose weight. Does anyone know of any good articles that help fight those binges?

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Neck of Steel, glad to see you here! =D> do you have a piece of clothing you wear all the time? do you have a tape measure? these are two ways you can determine weight loss without the scale. the tape measure is really becoming a necessary tool to a scale anyway. so you have identified yourself as a "binger!" that alone takes alot of fortitude to come to terms with. =D> i can relate to eating something till it is gone. i often do that to a big bag of potato chips. i imagine alot of us do some of that binging as well. i can only say you are taking a good route to do some reading about it and see what you can really do about it. i am here anytime you want to put down your spoon and chat!! =)) don't be hard on yourself!! :T it is over and you sound ready to start anew!! :D really, just look at a new week and don't even dwell on the icing!! you will beat this! give yourself a chance to feel better and get back to your regular routine. what we do when we don't feel well doesn't matter at all!! i hope you feel better soon! :D Jenny :)
  • I don't know if these will be helpful,but they can't hurt to look at.I've learned a few things over the years from certain articles & sites,of course the key for me has always been persistence (or lack of,in some cases-lol)

I'm not promoting any of these sites,only posting a couple that I've used/use.
This discussion has been closed.