Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Neuro's opinion

kyadog115kkyadog115 Posts: 266
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I just saw the new Neuro about this blown L-5. He says I have a few options. Do nothing and live w/it,and in time the pain might lessen. he gave me medril and someting else to take...it was an oral steroid. He says to try this for a while. He says they are conservative there and that surgery is a last option because it stress's the other area's.
As for ending up with a drop foot, which is my concern...he says that wont happen becaus it's the L-5 and thats the wrong area for that to take place.......I'm not so sure about this. Also, re: My ACDF C3_6...he says he's not sure fusion is even taking place and that the doctor who did this has all kinds of things there holding me together. He ordered x-rays of that , which I will have done tomorrow.....thats scary !
What should I do? My back is hurting cause of the blown disc but I suppose I can live w/it...any thoughts please?

• I was just on a 10day solumedrol pack for massive hives and during that time, my overall pain practically disappeared. I was so happy and not connecting the dots. Sure enough, several days after the pack was done, pain started returning.

My advice is to be very careful still while on the steroids in case they make you feel great. Don't do anything you wouldn't normally do. I hope you do find some relief from it.

I'm hoping your xrays show that you are fusing tomorrow! Crossing fingers for you!!

Take care,

• My ortho doc just told me pretty much the same thing the other day , If the pain is bareable to hold off a fusion until I can't take it any more and sometimes I feel as if I can't but for the most part I can.Good luck
  • Cherrish
    I know nothing about steroids......do they make you feel good? Are like pain killer?

I WONT do anything else !