Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Living with severe pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Chronic Pain
I have been taking Meds for over 10 years for pain. Looks like I may be on them the rest of my life. I hope not but there doesn't seem to be much new treatment for my condition. I'm a paraplegic T-8 with sever abdominal pain and spasms. I havce had every test there is but they can't find why I get such painful spasms all the time. I'm a very happy optimistic type person, but dealing with pain issues alot of the time can limit your exposure to people and having fun. I would like to hook up with some people here with similar worries and try to make some good friends that understand where I'm at and your at. Maybe we can relate and have a good time. If theres a person out there who would like to talk and maybe make friends let me know,m Maybe we can help and support each other through the hard times. Remember what Clarence said" Remember no man is a failure who has friends.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,849

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Hopefully you will find someone here who has some similar problems and can chat with you. Are all you spasms in the abdominal area? If so, then besides any spinal physician have you seen GI doctors or others that could potentially explain those spasms.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • feel free to PM me anytime with concerns and worries, sometimes it helps to just vent and let go....I can in no way give you medical advice of course but, I can be there for you.
  • Hi cp and welcome to Spine-Health, the place where we learn, grow and make friends.

I have nothing even remotely close to what you're going through, but every single person here has suffered with chronic pain, whether it's for a few months, a few years or longer.

I'm glad you're an optimistic person (although it undoubtedly touch in your position) because that alone sometimes get us through.

I'm glad you joined and look forward to visiting with you in the future. (I like the quote, it's from my hubby's favorite movie of all time.)

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i hope being around people who feel as you do will bring you not only comfort but good times as well. :D if you are awake at night pop over to the "Sleep Problems" forum. often times there is someone there. i can't sleep much in the night so i hope to see you there. I) there is the "Good News" forum for a lighter take on things around here. and don't forget about "Chatrooms." they can be alot of fun and a good way to get away from the pain grind. pop in sometime. <:P well, i hope to see you around and i look forward to reading your posts. pm anytime you feel like talking. :-C i always look forward to meeting new people and making new friends. the forum can be a great place to get some roots and feel better about your pain life. Jenny :)
  • i wonder what your name stands for, i assume a wheelchair? anyhow, count me in -- i posted a "need buddies" one time and so many great people responded and really have BIG HEARTS in here!! also, i'm trying to certify in pain management. i'll be on the lookout for new therapies or procedures or even trials out there with your name on them. if i find anything i'll pm (private message) you. you may have more pain than some of us, but we all know severe pain (as we feel it). hopefully you'll get alot of replies on your blog topic. just keep smiling like your picture. do you have family, friends, etc besides caretakers?? if so, get them involved in this, they can give their insight also.
    anyhow, hope you have a good pain day today,
    fipah,(friend in pain and hope)
  • you will find a good bunch of people here with an encyclopedic knowledge of there conditions and we are all good listeners ..i myself have been in pain for over 11 years ..and i too take strong pain killers .i am up most nights .so if you want to chat you can find me here at 3 am most nights ,
  • I will take you up on that sometimes. I find myself up at 3am many nights. Its good to hear from so many great people. Thanks all for your support and help. I want you to know that I too will be glad to support you in your times of need. Thanks again and I will talk with you soon.
  • Just thought I would drop a quick note to see how you are doing? Have you found some good information on the site that has helped?Just thinking about you to say Hi and see how it's going....
  • You have found a great spot to be apart of. Let us know a little about you.

What is your story? Do you work? Family?

Many of us too have spent years with chronic pain, some diagnosed and some still investigating (i like to look at it that way 'still investigating' it sounds so much better than they have found nothing wrong).

Myself, 42 female, neck and thoracic issues, still working (thank goodness for pain meds), mother of 2 and married almost 15 years. Have been in pain for almost 2 years this spring.

make yourself comfy and spend some time, venting, laughing and getting some great info

• I injured my back at work 11 years ago. Now, I am 37 years old. I have all of the following diagnoses: spinal displacement, spinal stenosis, fibromyalgia, cervical spondylosis, lordosis, 11bulged discs, nerve damage from 2 discs in neck that makes my right ARM almost useless, neuropathy in both feet and lastly radiculopathy in both legs. I have been on pain meds for years and undergone 5 yrs of therapy, water therapy, billions of useless steroids shots , epidurals, facet n xray injections , rfa's. All with no luck and ending up with shingles every time. Spinal decompression therapy helped for one summer I didn't have the burning in the legs , but when they found that my spine was displaced that stopped. Water therapy has been a god send for pain though--it is the one thing that has relieved some of the pain along with energy healing. Also, I used to be so optimistic and happy and a gogetter. Now, no one will even hire me for a job to support my 5 yr old daughter. Just feels rough when everything revolves around how much pain u r in for the day b4 u can even plan anything. I love life but I am just frustrated.
This discussion has been closed.