Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Worried about popping after 2nd MicroD

jenfabjjenfab Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Is it normal for my low back to pop an crack after surgery? I am 6 days post op my second MicroD at L5 S1.
It worries me because it hurts when it pops :S .
Has anyone else had this problem?

• I had my second micro d july 8th and about two weeks after I felt a pop and I couldn't move for about a minute and was in agony after , went to the doc he ordered an MRI and I was reherniated and he thinks the pop is when it happened.I'm not saying this is your problem but that was my experiance.
  • if it is popping multiple times, then i would say with near certainty that it's not a reherniation. a herniated disc wouldn't pop repeatedly. once it herniates, it's already "popped". my guess would be it could be due to inflammation in the area from the surgery, it could be due to the lack of use of the muscles from the surgery.... it's not uncommon for the spine to become rigid and stiff after surgery. my back pops all the time still... but i just started physical therapy wednesday, so we'll see if that changes. anyway, unless it's seriously painful i wouldn't worry at this point. calling your doctor could suppress any anxiety you have, though.