Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Help

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had a myelogram Tuesday on my cervical spine. I had a pretty bad headache with nausea until yesterday. Today, my lower back is absolutely aching. It was the first place I felt pain when they put the needle in and has hurt some since the test but nothing like this morning. Anyone else ever have this? Is it normal after that test? It almost makes me forget my neck pain. Thanks in advance.
Debbie
advertisement

Comments

• hi Debbie
    this can happen .they may have nicked the inner layer of your spine {can't remember the correct word for it!} but you should be OK in a few days just take your pain killers and use ice on the affected areas TENS can help too i have a similar thing when i had an epidural
    STRAKER
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that it's something that does/can happen as a result of the test. I've noticed that it will ease off if I sit down and be still. I just thought that by today I could do my normal stuff you know? I did do my housework yesterday and stuff and it felt like I had a band tightening around my lower back. Maybe I need to give it a little more time? Inpatience is my worst problem. Thanks again and I hope you are doing well.
  • just a thought
    have you tried the acticare unit?
    see www.acticare.com
    its a very good TENS with HIGH FREQUENCY AND RADIO MODE AND EXTERNAL SPINAL CORD STIM .i use mine all day and would not be without it #
    STRAKER
  • I did not have a mylogram but I imagine its the same pain you get from the ESI injections. Just a sore, bruised tight feeling. It subsided in about 3-4 days and I was back to normal again.
    I sure hope you feel better soon! Ice and heat should help.
    The housework will be there tomorrow!! LoL

Take care
    Terri
    Gee, I don't have any problems compared to you. Bless your heart your cup has been overflowing hasn't it? I hope that you are doing well now. I call my ns and she said this pain is common after the myelogram. She said that the dye seems to settle in the joints and may take a few more days to get better. I told her I went in with a pain in the neck and now I have a pain in the butt too.
    Thanks for your help
    Debbie
  • When I had my Myelogram they gave me Morphine prior to doing the procedure. Did everone else get Morphine also? As to feeling bad afterwards, I had some pain on the first day that I had it done after the morphine had worn off but I was Ok by the next day. I'm supposed to have another one done and now I'm scared. Prior to coming to the SH forum I wasn't even aware of the icky and painful things that can go wrong from the Epidurals and Myelo's, etc. such as a spinal leak. I may be too paranoid to allow anyone to ever come near my spine with a needle again. Does anyone know the stats on how often this happens?
    I can't believe this. Over seven weeks and still this horrible lower back pain. I can't get any help from my doctors. My NS says she can't do anything until I have a lumbar mri to see whats wrong but that she can't order the mri for me because I was referred to her for my neck issues. My PCP says its up to the NS because they ordered the myelogram to start with. They keep going back and forth between them and as yet no one has done anything to help me. My pcp did give me a toradol injection last Monday but it didn't help at all. I've been waiting for his office to return my call for three days now and nothing. What am I supposed to do? This sucks big time. I can't stand or walk without it killing me. My legs get so weak they feel numb and my butt feels numb. It hasn't gotten better its got worse. Sorry for the rant but I'm just getting sooooooo aggravated with my doctors you know? Thanks to all of you for being here to listen. I appreciate it.
    Debbie
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.