Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 Month Update

rhw62rrhw62 Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This is for any one that is interested in a post ADR update. I am 4 months post-op from having a Prestige Cervical ADR. A quick update; I had ACDF at 2 levels in 1997 and in Sept. '08 we did the ADR at the level below the previous fusion. Anyway, things are going well. I have done things that I probably shouldn't have such as shovel 10 inches of snow and also lifting 200lb machines at work. The good news is that I have not had 1 bit of pain from doing this. The cons to this is that I have some minor pain, and I mean minor, in the mornings after sleeping and also when I stretch. The initial stretch isn't the problem as much as the relaxation after the stretch. The pain itself lingers for a few seconds and then is gone. I am very happy with my decision to go through with the ADR. I don't know what 10 years will bring me but for now I'm happy.

• Thanks for the updates... I am happy it is working out for you. I am having a Prestige Cervical ADR (C5-C6) in 2 weeks. Can I ask you what I can expect after?
  • You can ask but then I will have to.......Sure that is what this site is for. Surgery took a little more then an hour. I think it was 1 hr 20 minutes to be exact. When I woke up, all my numbness and tingling were gone. I was in recovery for another hour before being moved to my room (10:30am). By 2PM I was walking the halls without pain. True I was on pain killers but I wasn't feeling high or anything either. I went home the next day with only pain meds, nothing else. I was not able to take those meds because they made me sick to my stomach. I tried to sleep the next few nights in a recliner but those nights were restless because of pain. After 3 - 4 days I was pain free. I was back to work in 10 days on a limited basis and another week later I was on no restrictions. Of course I was told to take it easy which I did and I eased my self back into my normal routine. I say that about 3 weeks I was doing more than what I was doing before the surgery. Good luck with yours and keep us updated.

• Thank you Rob, you definitely made me feel better. I am absolutely terrified, so hearing that it went well for you has put me at easy. My pre-op appt is this Thursday and the procedure is the following week. How was your throat after ? Could you eat? LOL I am scared I will not be able to eat for weeks.