Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numbness & C6

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I have numbness in both forearms and wrists w/ a minor tingling in the hands. Best I can understand is this MAY be caused by mild disc impingement I have at C6. Does this seem plausible? Everything I read mentions those w/ C6 pain having pain at tips of thumb and trigger finger. I've never had that...... just a generalized tingling/weakness in the hand. Thanks, Mark

• I have impingement on C6 and my numbness is in my middle finger mostly. I have pain in all of my fingers and all the way through the palms. My doctor said that everyone is wired different. Not all of us are "text book cases". In my opinion (which doesn't matter much :)), I think it's completely plausible.....
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hey Mark,
    Both you and spinaltap are probably on the right track. Have you had an EMG?
    That would shed some light on where the problem originates then an MRI
    would probably pinpoint it. Due to other issues I had waited too long before
    I had my cervical problem diagnosed and now I have permanent nerve damage to my left arm and hand. Fortunately my n/s prevented further damage by doing a multi-level fusion with hardware. Waiting longer could have ended up catastrophic for me.
    Take care and seek your answers from your Dr's asap!

• Thanks and good luck to you :)