Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

Can anyone help me?

I have a mild disc bulge at C6 and experiencing a lot of numbness in my forearm wrist and some tingling in the hand. Also the sensation of not being able to hold my head up. EMG shows mild to moderate radiculopathy coming from C6. Does this seem like a problem a surgeon can correct?

Thanks much.

• Mark and welcome to the forum. It is hard to say what can make this better or not because we are all so different. I have always said that surgery should be the last resort (except in certain emergency situations of course) because there are so many conservative treatments that can be tried....PT , injections , massage therapy , acupuncture , etc....but only you and your doctor can decide if surgery is what is best for you. There are so many variables to consider such as nerve damage and the like that like I said only you and your doc can discuss and decide on. I wish you the best of luck in finding some sort of resolution to all of this but please do remember that surgery is never to be thought of as the miracle cure because it is not....can you get better with it? Sure but there are no guarentees. The best of luck to you and please keep us posted as to how you are doing. If there is ever anything that I can do for you then please just let me know....take care....Miki