Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or perhaps 1st hand experience with laser Spine surgery and if so, how did it go?

Doctors name and contact details removed by forum Moderator (paulgla). We do not permit publishing specific doctor's or institution names and contact details.

• You didn't mention what type of treatment or surgery you are looking at. I was scheduled for a C5C6 ACDF and I looked into the laser surgeries offered at various "institutes" in Florida. From what I found, my advice is...run away! I discovered several lawsuits and complaints against them with the state of FL and the "doctors" that do the procedures aren't even MD's. Research at legitimate medical facilities (Harvard, etc.) showed that the laser treatments can be used to treat some disc problems but are not a substitute for a fusion.

Also, insurance companies will not cover expenses incurred at these "institutes". You will be asked for $20,000 - $30,000 up front when you walk in the door! If you are looking for an alternative to fusion, I would look at an artificial disc replacement procedure, not the laser treatment.

BTW, I did have my ACDF in October at the University of Utah and I am doing GREAT. I am pain and symptom-free and can hardly even tell I had anything done to my neck. Looking forward to horseback riding, ATVing and rafting this summer!
  • Stay Away!!!!!

After spending $29,000, I am the same as I was before the treatment. The post surgery MRI shows no difference than the pre surgery MRI. Their customer service is the worst you can imagine. I'm looking for other patients that have had the same experience I have had.

I am now going through disk decompression and I am 30% better in only two weeks.
  • Dear floridalarry - What type of procedure did you have done? What symptoms did you have (or for that matter still have)
  • What problems did you have and what procedures were perfomed