Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Medications
Hi everyone, I have been taking this for around 3 years now and it doesn't seem to help me much. I take 1 every 4 hours, and I'm wondering if I have build a tolerance to Norco after all this time. I take it as prescribed so is it still possible for it to lose it's effectiveness?

• This medicine must be for children. I had surgery on jan. 7 2009 the doctor prescribed for me norco 5/325 it does not work at all.

I have a strain or tired feeling in my right leg and also my left arm. I can't rest. I hope that you get more rest than me. God Bless.
  • Meydey~If you have been taking the same amount for 3 years it's possible that you have built up a tolerance.Whenever I was taking lortab I was bumped up from 5/500 to 7.5 to 10/500 all within the space of about 14-15 months(I can't remember exact months).

I just recently started the norco myself because the lortabs were prescribed every 6 hours and were not lasting that long.The Dr wanted me to take these every 4 hrs but have less of the (tylenol?-I can't spell acetopetophen-lol).So anyway-I'm taking the norco 10/325 every 4 hrs 6 x's a day,and I only just started these this month(on the 2nd).I find them to work the same as the lortab,but I'm getting better relief because I no longer have to wait 6 hrs.

I know this is TMI and more info than you asked,but I thought it might be nice for you to know and hear of someone else taking the same meds that you are.I do think that anyone taking something for 3 years would build a tolerance..but also it might be that your pain has increased as was the case with me.
  • Thank you Jhamp41, I can't believe you're on that low of a dose after your surgery. Was it lumbar or cervical surgery? Well, I hope you have a complete recovery and you're kept comfortable throughout the process.
    Hey Robin, I always appreciate your thoughtfulness. I agree Norco lasts longer, even longer than percocet, but it's not as strong. I think that my body is so used to it by now, and I realize that my pain has increased since the fusion. Also, the fentanyl dose was titrated to alleviate the escalating pain.
    Well, I hope you all have a pain free weekend