Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PLIF 18 mos ago

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello everyone its been a long time since Ive been here but it does not mean ive been great.. during the summer i took off 20lbs felt pretty good ive still had my ups and downs like waking up in the mornings stiff as a board in my back or turning on my side or coughing is very painful but when im standing up it dont bother me but just lately ive notice a little more aggrervation in my surgery area and up higher just above my surgery area im having burning im concern and im just dealing with it because im afraid to go to the doctor again my regular doctor put me on a anti-imflamatory 2x a day and i know that if i miss a dose my back is in pain my question is...after having a lumbar fusion is there a high percentage of people who have to have more surgeries in there back ??and does anyone have any suggestions or advice?? i would really appreciate it Lisa (IN)

• Did you get an MRI yet? Also a Pain management Dr. may help. I thought the pain in my mid back was from my herniated disc referred pain but it was my facet joints and got facet joint injections, burning afterwards but more flexible movement after and less pain. Sorry I haven't had surgery yet, perhaps someone else may help. That's good you've lost 20 lbs. something to be proud of. I think once you've had surgery there's always a chance to experience problems with your other levels. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for the reply no i havent had a MRI yet i went to the pain manament doctor befor the surgery and did the injections but not since the surgery i just been been suffering with it i cant afford to take any time off im by myself now and just a little scared to find any more things wrong lol sounds crazy i know but i think i will try some more injections thanks again lisa
This discussion has been closed.