Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi There , New here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I'm Penny and I recently found this forum. I have been coping with back issues for quite a long time, undergone a lot of different treatments and as yet have not had to have surgery. Its my lumbar discs which showed as herniated and degenerated on MRI. Neurosugeon said exercise, water therapy and keeping to a good weight. I think I will be reading a lot as there is a wealth of knowledge here, but will help if I can too. Anyway just wanted to say "Hi" :H

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and asnwer what questions we can. Hurray for you! <:P going with conservative treatments with full force. i do not have surgical options, have some of your problems like DDD and use many of the treatments you do. you are going the wise course by staying as far away from surgery for as long as you can. :? we have several forums which might interest you. the Weight Loss forum which can be great for maintenance, as well as Chronic Pain, even Alternative Treatments, so please have a look around. pm me please if i can be of any help at all. good luck as you continue with your pain program. =D> i look forward to reading your posts! :D Jenny :)
  • Hi
    Welcome to you! :) Great place here, much info to look through and many forums to find another who understands your frustrations.
    I have delt with this pain much of my adult life,Im 48 and feel 90, and it really bites, but keep looking up. Sounds like you have made the usual rounds of alternative treatment, we understand that too. Hope you find some relief from your pain soon. We are all here for you, when ever you need, Welcome!!! >:D<
  • I hope you can find some treatment to help your low back pain. I have had epidurals and facet joint injections and physio, accupuncture, traction all have not helped except the epis for leg sciatica. Medication, heat and massage machine are my best friends. Being isolated not working has led to much lonliness so I'm glad to be able to come here and not feel so alone. I haven't had surgery yet and just had another Ortho wonder where my pain was coming from. Umm my disc herniation and tear is what! Take care and see you around the posts. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thankyou for your warm and friendly welcome :) I wish you all pain free as well.

Also for your suggestions on which forums to visit. In particular I do need to lose some weight now to help my back. I put on the weight when I was in quite severe pain with bilateral sciatica and Low back pain-even walking was difficult- and I couldnt exercise and have to confess to some "comfort" eating as well. Now with my exercises and water therapy, and some massage I am much more mobile/less pain than I was and do need to lose it! So I will go explore there for ideas. I am very interested in continuing to explore alternative therapies too.

Take care and thankyou :)))

• It sounds like you are doing very well with conservative measures and that is a great sign. You have come to the right place for support and understanding. I wish you continued success and will look forward to seeing you around the forum.