Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

more sleep?

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Sleep Problems
(|: !! =)) having the wind blow like mad and all the wind chimes are singing away.. ~X( if i could sleep it would have to be to their tune! 8} so all of you insomniacs, are you sleeping tonight? I) are you awake and as restless as i am? even took that natural standby melatonin and magnesium.. Jenny :)

Political attributes of post removed by moderator paulgla

• it is 8 degrees here and very cold. I know even if Iam not sleeping I don't leave my electric blanket for very long!!!
    I feel bad for my poor Hailey when I have to kick her outside to go potty, but,it sure doesn't take her very long.... :D
    Sleep well everyone.
  • hi all! (|: it is cold as can be tonight and i am saying that from sunny southern california. i know 40 degrees is baby stuff for you guys and dogs in the Midwest and East coast but what can i say? no dreaming tonight. I) 2:30AM and i am wide awake. ~X( i did get a 2 hour nap today!! :D no great bed, sleep aid or boring movie is putting me to sleep! HELP! ~X( Jenny :)
  • We are having a bit of a cold spell here, even some snow. Not that we never get any snow. We have just had a very mild winter this year. Mostly 50's-60's... Love that! This cold spell has left me in a mess of trouble with pain. I couldn't sleep because I was hurting so bad. What little sleep I did get I immediately started dreaming about being crippled! I couldn't walk! That's the craziest thing. When I'm really having trouble with pain, I ALWAYS dream that I can't walk. Anyone else have this happen ( the dreaming)?

Have a good and restful day!
  • trater, it may be a release of stress to dream of not walking. ~X( many times our dreams portray real fears and anxieties and this appears to be one of yours. try and remember all of your dream each time you have it and then before you go to sleep play a different version of the dream in your head. :? for instance, instead of not walking you are running a marathon. hopefully the new "version" will replace the other as you deal with your fear of being crippled and worse yet, not walking! get under your electric blanket and keep warm. (|: i am sorry your pain level is up!! this weather goes clear into your bones. i get muscle spasms as well. sleep tight if you can. I) Jenny :)
  • Aw Terrie.That's a bummer to have a dream like that.My mother used to dream that she was crippled and it really bothered her b/c she had bad feet.Her feet were not near as bad as mine,but my heart broke for her...I think because she wasn't one to complain-so when she did....I knew it bothered her-you know?

Today is RAIN here and a bad day for pain for me......BUT I'm in such a happy frame of mind that I refuse to let it get me down.Well-I'm going to try my best!

I still have some packing to do-lol,no time to be in pain I guess.Next week I'll be all... :''(
  • and it seems to find the bad ones first... =)) I know I have found that the colder it is the more pain Iam in too.I think my titanium plate has gotten frozen more than once. :))( These days Iam not far from my bed and electric blanket. Even during the day I have spent alot more time in bed then I usually do. L)
    Iam also Diabetic so my hands and feet are ALWAYS freezing, my husband says Iam a fridged Bi--h, I tend to agree with him.
    I feel bad for my poor goats and horses, Jeff has to break the ice on thier water several times a day.I wish I could just bring them all inside, but, my bed isn't big enough.... =)) =)) =))
    Take care my sleepless friends
  • A sleepless night! I could NOT find a comfortable position so that I might sleep, even just a little bit. It gives you plenty of time to think things over, doesn't it? I was thinking about when I first hurt my back, how much it hurt. I thought I was in the most pain I could ever imagine, but it doesn't compare to the amount of pain I have now. At the time, I didn't think I could take it, but I did and eleven years later, I'm still taking it. I know I'm not the only one in pain but it sure is hard to remember that when muscle spasms take your breath away.

Jenny, I think your idea about trying to change my dream, is a great idea! I have very vivid dreams EVERY time I go to sleep. Usually it's about what I was watching on TV before I fell asleep or if I fall asleep with the TV on, I dream about what's going on in the program. I don't always mind the dreams, only when I have the cripple dreams...lol

I hope that you all get a bit of rest today and good sleep tonight.
  • I sure can't it is 2am and I have tried everything, nothing is working for sleep. Well, I guess I should say the pain, it is keeping me awake.I feel like someone is stabbing me in the back... =)) (Not really that funny)
    I hope you all are sound asleep....
  • Here we are again... Another sleepless night due to extreme pain and muscle spasms. I thought that I might be able to sleep tonight, but I still can't find a comfortable enough position to be able to sleep. It seems like I'm going thru a horrible pain flare right now. I was feeling a bit better yesterday and decided I should try to fix dinner. Dumb idea on my part. I really felt pressured into doing it. After spending several days in bed because I was hurting so bad, my family started treating me kinda crappy, like I had been taking a vacation! They are short with me, avoid me, and make snide remarks about me not doing anything. Nothing like making me feel like crap when I'm feeling like crap!
    Would you believe that I let myself run out of Ambien CR again? Not a good time to be out of sleep medicine and you would THINK that I would have learned my lesson from the last time I ran out. I don't know why I can't keep it together. Maybe this time when I get some in, someone could remind me to have it filled again in 3 months... Anyone want to sign up for this job?
    Hope you all are getting some much needed sleep and are heading in to a decent weekend.
  • trater, sorry you are having a flare up!! ~X( they are a battle in themselves!! i got a few hours of sleep tonight but woke up at three in alot of pain.. ~X( it is to bad your family cannot give you a day or two in bed with happy hearts. do what you must to take care of yourself!! the pressure you feel from them is so unnecessary. i am sorry about that! as for the Ambien uh oh! =)) that will mean some sleepless nights for you! please curl up on the sofa or head to the bed when you must. I) i have never seen you look so good in your avatar!! :D Jenny :)
  • Thanks so much for the support... I'm sorry you woke up feeling bad. I bet it felt good to go to sleep to begin with. You know, one of the problems I have with going to sleep w/out sleep medicine is that I have ringing and a hum in my ears, that I hear all the time! I have the TV on during the daytime to distract myself from it, but at night it is so quiet that the ringing/humming is deafening. Also, I'm still having freaky dreams. I feel asleep for about 45 minutes yesterday and was dreaming about... you guessed it! Being crippled! I know it has to do with the pain. When I'm not hurting this bad, I don't normally dream about being crippled, just when I hurt! Crazy stuff!
    I hope you get some sleep in and also that you're doing OK.
  • Gosh darn it!! :T it looks like another night without sleep!! took a good nap this afternoon and i think that messed with my sleeping tonight!! I) Yikes!!! doesn't take much to do that!! feeling better and hope everyone is able to catch a few winks. I) of course trater, without your Ambien i don't know how you will do it.. :SS ummmmm, anyone get a nap today and can't sleep tonight? maybe you don't have your meds for sleep? perhaps it is just too many dreams!! alot of pain? ~X( what is keeping you awake? :D Jenny :)
  • Of course! You are so right, Jenny. Without the Ambien I am just laying here thinking how much I'd like to be asleep. That dadburn humming/ringing is continuing to drive me insane! I can't imagine actually telling anyone else about this little problem for fear that someone might truly think I'm nuts! The humming part sounds like I can hear the electricity running thru my walls... of course I might have some super power that I'm not aware of!lol

Hope someone out there is getting a bit of sleep! Man I can't wait to get that Ambien...
  • Last night in the dead middle of the night, I woke up in an awful panic attack or nearly one. So tonight, I am trying to not take Ambien. Um, not working, as it is 3:16 am CST! UGH UGH UGH I want to get off Ambien, although I have no idea what caused the near panic attack. I felt like I couldn't breathe, but once I got back out to my recliner and in the open air of the living room, I was fine. I wonder if my claustrophobia kicked in. lol

I wish I could just skip a night, stay up all day and then be nice and sleepy for the next night, but noooooooo, I will finally fall asleep in a few hours (probably) and then sleep past 11am which would only be 5-6 hours of sleep, and then my day will be toast.

But don't forget my hubby, who will be up with the birds, all perky and bouncing around like the darn sunshine himself. lol I'm hoping he sleeps in a bit!! lol

• and put us all to sleep!!! :))( :< I wish it were all so simple...
    I sleep for an hour or so and then I'm up. I get so stinking stiff I gotta move around. I think someone else discribed it as feeling like the tinman in the wizard of oz, where's my oil can??? =))
    Well, hope everyone catches a couple of hours..Trater trade some Ambien for some oil???Jenny, I comand you to sleep!!! :D