Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Info on surgery-and after surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Lower Back Pain

I go to see a surgeonon Feb. 6th - I have synovial Cyst on L4 and L5 - and can hardly use my right leg at all - I want to scream - well I do - when I walk on it - so I called to see what they would do - as I need to work around my work schedule - and the lady said - well if it's emergency surgery - we'll take care of it then -
How long is a person in the hospital - and once home - how long before a person can return to work - I sit all day - please let me know. Thanks
Lisa B.

• I had a question about surgery since I have never gone though back surgery - but nobody is answering - did I do something wrong or not post correct?
  • You may want to post this on back surgery instead of lower back pain. I hope this helps, I am see my ortho surgeon on Friday to talk about surgery, so I cannot give you any help. Sorry.
  • Welcome to Spine Health.

Everyone's recovery from surgery is different based on their health, age, diet, habits, attitude and of course the type of surgery they have. It's difficult to just come out and say that in XX number of days after surgery you will be able to return to work.

Many members on this forum have synovial cysts, however they also have other complications along with it. So again it would be hard for someone to give you an estimate.

Best thing to do is to discuss this with the surgeon. That's the only person who can evaluate your current condition and give you a rough estimate on recovery.

This discussion has been closed.