Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 month lumbar surgery update

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, it's January and i'm doing the same if not a bit worse than prior to my June L4/5 fusion (w/hardware & bolted to S1) surgery.

The cold is especially a problem which I'll blame on the new metal inside. My 'getting kicked in the right nut' pain has come back and is constant so i'm taking more meds to keep that pain level down. Upper thoracic pain is more constant.

I wound up firing my surgeon last month due to the fact that my pain meds ran out (one pill every four hours isn't enough most days) and the last refill ran out a few days prior to my next visit but he wouldn't give me another refill just to get me through those few days so, bye bye...

I then met with my primary doc who gave me a new refill. We taled about the suregery and the resultant condition and he said no more surgeries as this one didn't really make a difference. I'm now trying Lyrica as an option to the oxycodonne but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

I gave myself a good scare yesterday as the %#*@!! skylight in my kitchen started leaking. I'm in NH so I was surprised as it was about 20 degrees yesterday, so I went on the roof and started shoveling off what ice was there from the last snowfall/shoveling the other week(s) ago.

Stupid me put my foot in the wrong play and fell then slid uncontrollably 6 feet towards the edge of the roof but stopped right at the edge. It would've only been a 7' fall to the porch...;>)

Anyway, the surgery was a bust even though I was feeling real good there for a month or 2 afterwards.

• Jim , long time , no see.....Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well....I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers hon. Btw , please stay off the roof....you gave me a scare just reading that....you don't need a bad fall on top of everything else.

Are you going to try and find another spinal doctor or just stay with your PCP for now? Keep us posted as you can and if you need anything then you know that I am just a PM away....hang in there friend.....Miki
  • I'm done with surgery unless i have an accident or a disk finally goes out on me. I'm just gonna stick with my pcp and pop pills...

As for what I need, do you play piano???
  • Play piano? Yeah , ummmmm no...lol....it would only sound hideous if I tried. So , looking for a piano player I take it? How is the music going btw?

Just hang in there my friend and if you need to chat then I am always here....take care....Miki