Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What next?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Matters of the Heart
Wow what a day brings I tell ya.
One minute things are so so, or ok then BOOM CRASH.
Called the drs office. The secretary laughed when I said the dr probably won't refill my lortab. He says "tuff he will get over it" lol. I guess the whole office has had it with him. Ok so lets pray that goes through today.

Now hubby knew this as of last night but I was so distraught with pain and everything else he did not tell me.
He got laid off, he will be home in about 2 hrs.
Just for a few weeks FINGERS CROSSED. But as we all know that have been through it, he still is going to file for unemployment but ya know it takes 2-3 wks to get a ck.
where is my account at??? umm almost 000000000000.
Sooooo here is a prayer thought anything for everyoe that is going through the same issues right now..
Your not alone that is for sure.
Let it snow Let it snow and build a campfire in the living room since we need oil :D
Ya have to keep on smiling cause if ya don't well you will CRASH hard O:)

Lots of love

• Terri , like I told you in the PM...I will continue to pray and if you need anything then you know that I am here for you. Hang in there....you are too strong and you have come too far to even think about letting something like this beat you. We are all here with you and we won't let you go through this alone......lots of love to you hon.....Miki
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    to hear this news. You have had your share of medical problems over the past two years, so adding this I am sure doesnt make things any easier.

Lets hope that things find a way to work out for your family.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • So sorry, but I do understand. I am laid off right now and on unemployment. It turned out to be a blessing for me as my pain has been worse than ever before. I have had my third ESI with no relief and then a discogram last Friday. I see my Ortho this Friday to talk about surgery.
    I hope your husband gets back to work quickly and the unemployment comes quickly. I live in Maryland and they did something new, gave us a prepaid debit card, you have the option to have it auto transfered from the debit card to your bank account. This process did help the money get to my account faster than waiting on the mail for a check.
    Hope you get your meds, that is just not fair, when you are in pain you should not have to fight for relief. I will be praying for you and your family during this trying time. Keep smiling!! Take care.
  • One good thing came out of this, the Drs just called there is a script waiting for me. Not sure what it is or how many. At this point I do not care. As long as I have one for in the morning which is the worst and after dinner is fine. Even if its a lower dose then 10mg of hydro.

No they don't do anything different here in NYS as far as I know I mean its been 20yrs since he has been laid off.
    I still think it takes 2-3wks to get a check.
    Will find out when he goes down. He is doing that tomorrow during our lovely snow storm..

So everyone hang in there. This post is just not about me, but everyone else going through the same thing right now.
    There has to be light at the end of the tunnel somewhere at some point!!

Lots of love
  • When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry about your family situation, that is one more worry that you don't need. It is a good thing that the doctor left a script for you and I hope it's enough. I hope things work out for you and your husband, and I'm here too if you need to vent. Take care >:D<
  • Hang in there. You've already proven that you and your family can make it through the tough times. This is just a small bump in the road. Good thoughts coming your way.

• My husband got laid off lastAugust, so it means loseing my med ins. As we couldn't afford to keep it of course.
    I didn't qualify for any of our state aid, always just above the limit don'tchya know!
    Now it's almost Feb, he's still not working. But the bright side is I finally got Medicare Jan 1st =D>
    I couldn't afford my meds, as 3 of them have no genarics so had to pay full price and it always seems to be around 250.00 for a 30 day supply. It was very hard, But Im getting through, you will too, your strong, my best to you and your family, sorry about this, your n my prayers >:D<
  • Sheesh lady, sorry that life has thrown your family another curveball.

Maybe this means that something better is coming, a better job for your husband or something. I'm an eternal optimist and think that everything happens for a reason. Do you belong to a church? If so, you can always ask for help with heating oil and other needs like that from them until things change. There are lots of community resources available to help while you need it.

You are a strong family and I know that you'll pull through this. I wish there was something I could do but I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope that the tide turns for you.

All the best,

• It goes to show the kind of person you are that you, during this hard time, are thinking about others that may be in the same situation. You have an enormous heart and there is no way that life won't reward you in some way for your goodness. People like you don't come along that often..

• I'm so sad to hear that your husband was laid off. I'm glad though you're going to get something for pain. You're an amazing lady to go through all what you've had to go through. It's nice of you to be thinking of others also at a time like this. I will say a prayer for you. Charry >:D<
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sorry to hear you are going to be coming up on difficult financial times! ~X( you are one strong lady and i know you will find a way to make it through. :D that is a relief you got some pain meds! =D> what a problem your doc made for you..!! Jenny :)
  • to write you some encouraging profound words, but they fail to express how I feel....

Life is just so unfair and you and your family have had way past your share. The tide will change soon, it has to.

Always looking for tomorrow!

Kind thoughts
  • Terri,

you are an amaing lady, going through so much stress and yet still thinking of others. I have so much admiration for you, would love to know some of your coping mechanisms as I feel like I am floundering at the moment

Things for hubby and I have looked real bleak but through friends support on here I am still here.

I am learning to breathe, take a step back from what life is throwing at us and working out a plan of action for each thing. When things are getting done I put a tick on the list - it helps me know that some progress is being made. So the list so far this year has been 'Get finaces sorted one way or the other - going onto benefits - not scronging but have paid my taxes and this is our hour of need. Paperwork got messed up so had letters about being made homeless - hubby sorted that one out as I totally lost it at that point. People telling me how lucky I dont have kids to worry about when I have my back op = hey people it breaks my heart and my husbands heart not having kids. Kids are a blessing that should be treasured, some of us were never blessed. Give them a hug when you can.

Work has really been an issue, they dont want to sign me off as they think they might get sued even though my doc wrote to them and said I would be unsuited to care work.
    Hubby is getting worse, his hand muscles are nearly none existant, so his days of being a professional musician are nearly over. Its all he has ever known so the future looks very uncertain for him, In the UK and I guess it might be similar in the USA etc people wont employ you if you dont have experience so he cant find office work at 37 as he has never worked in an office - he was a mechanic and worked for the MOD as a supplier for military equipment etc.
    My sister lives 10 mins away, she said she wont visit as she is busy with work and planning her wedding - thats real sad but I know I am not alone with having a disfunction family.

Sorry this has got so long, its all come pouring out, I do apologise Terri.

Keep your spirits up, head up, shoulders back, deep breaths and I guess remember the old adage 'there is always someone worse off than you. Its true , I have a bed to sleep in, food in the cupboards and a roof over our head. Isnt the statistic like 75% of people in the world dont have that...so we are lucky:D

Terri I really hope and pray that things do work out for you and your family. I knwo you have had a real tough time over the last two years hunnie but you are still going strong. You are an amaing woman and am so glad you are here on Spine Health with your support and words of wisdom.

Lots of love and thinking of everyone thats been struggling or is struggling - you will get through it, and each cloud has a silver lining, and even if life is like a big black rain cloud - their is a rainbow near by....

Take care,

Love and hugs
    Danni xoxoxoxoxo
  • Ditto to everything else being said on this thread. I remember when I lost my job what a terrible, sinking feeling I was left with. And unemployment ins. helps but hardly covers all the bills. You know that old saying "when God closes a door, He always opens a window?" Let's all just pray that window opens FAST! In the meantime, keep up your wonderful attitude. You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • I hope things start to look up for y'all soon...it's a cruel world...wishing y'all the best of luck with everything...take care