Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Maverick Disc Replacement

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My husband is planning to have a disc replacement in Germany in April, 2009. Can you tell me if there are any bad cases that have resulted? It will cost $46,000 cdn so we are trying to make sure.

• triple lumbar disc replacement done here in the states have never been better . it was a true success. in much difficult pain prior too. day after surgery i was walking and have done well since. sum leg pain due to nerve damage but nothing like what i had before good luck and keep all posted we like to hear from you. best of luck and God Bless you husband.
  • What levels, where and when was the surgery? I didn't think they were doing it in the States. Congrats on such a successful recovery.
  • I am looking for a surgeon who will do a triple lumbar replacement on me. The closest I've come is someone who'll do an S1-L5 fusion an L5-L4 replacement and a wait and see on L4-L3. I'm a bit of a train wreck and I only get mild relief from the epidurals I'm getting every 5-6 months.
  • i had lower lumbar fusion L5-S1 with bone graft in Oct. It was the worst thing I've ever done. I'm in more pain than before and now my muscles in my shoulders are like rocks all the time. My question to you is do they actually do triple disc replacement here in the US or were you referring to something similar to fusion? I don't have 40k to go to Germany or even $8500 to go to Panama or Costa Rica.
  • I havent heard of any US surgeon doing 3 level ADR, but if there are any, its VERY FEW. I went to germany for my 3 level ADR. Cost $40K.Now preparing my battle plan to make Aetna pay for it. Its a full time job.
  • I need a triple adr at L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1.
    Where did you have yours done, & by whom?
    Did insurance pay anything?
    Any additional info would be great.
    thank you