Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery 3 on the way

maroseonemmaroseone Posts: 238
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Not quite sure where to put this one, but it looks like my cervical stenosis has moved its way to c3 and c4. My NS is schedualing surgery for the end of March, a 2 level laminectomy at c3 and c4. Things were going very well until November of 08, seems my balance was getting worse and some symptoms of CES came along. The other surgeries are doing well, but my spinal cord is being impinged upon at c3 and c4. The thing I am not looking forward to is the recovery itself. This time I have had a year to heal before this surgery, I am hoping that things are not as tough due to only having 4 months between surgery. I guess that I am still digesting what is going on right now, probably in a few days I'll have it all in place.

2 level ACDF c5-c6, c6-c7, November 2007...cervical stenosis with myelopathy....Removal of hardware and another 2 level ACDF c3-c4, c4-c5 and posterior cervical laminectomy at c5,c6,c7 in March 2008 to help stop the progression of myelopathy..was moving right along..looks like stenosis and such has moved itself to c3 and c4...2 level laminectomy at c3 and 4 near the end of March. Thought it was a light at the end of the tunnel, maybe it's the train.....lol I am not a medical professional and my opinion is just from my experience.

• Sorry to hear you are having to have another surgery so soon.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Just when we think it's over, we begin anew. I'm sorry that you have to do this all over again but you have to keep fighting the big bad wolf which is the myelopathy. Doing it so close together means, perhaps, that you have a shorter recovery time when you add it up since you'll be recovering from both at the same time. How's that for optimism?

I'm looking at another surgery too and, although I'm not looking forward to it, if it makes life better I'm all for it at this point. Gotta keep fighting the battles to win the war....

Hang in there and let me know if you need anything.

• I hope the recovery isn't as hard as the other surgeries. I guess it's necessary to do so your spine will be stable and stop your pain. I'll be thinking of you then. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Like you said, the good thing is that you are in better shape this time and a bit more prepared. Posterior approaches aren't fun in the high C-spine, but as long as you know that the healing pain will subside, you can manage it!

Hang in there,

• Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am going to try to keep a good outlook on things. Your right griff, another battle to win. "C" yeah the healing pain does go away, just takes more time than anterior. Cindee and Charry thanks too and hope your recoveries keep on the right track.

• I am so sorry to hear you are still having problems too Mark. And another surgery. please keep us updated. You are in my prayers too!