Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

They need to re-name SOMAS to COMAS!!!

jenfabjjenfab Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Medications
They really knocked me out last night! First time taking them as my dr swithched my flexeril to soma.
Should I split it in half or quarters?? I am afraid to feel like that again...ruined my whole day and I have a headache too! #o

• Actually I found them to be very good. It takes a while to get used to them and after that you'll get used to them. I always hated flexeril because they would knock me out til the next day. I heard that doctors don't like prescribing soma with hydrocodone because the combination is more addictive than normal. I used to take that combination, and then I was switched to zanaflex.
  • Did you have withdrawls from it? or was it a transition type thing going on to another med? I took a quarter of one lastnight and did better...it just seemed way to strong! Do you take them every 8 hrs?
  • 5 times a day I take a soma, 600 mg neurotin and 2 percocet at the same time, this is the only way I can function and not be in excrutiating pain.It really works for me (right now) I think your body just needs some time to adjust to new meds whatever they may be. Hope they help your pain
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    to adjust to and some can be very difficult in leaving your system.
    As so other members posted here, everyone is different and have different reactions to medications
    I have tried almost all the muscle relaxers available.
    (Flereril, Soma, Rhobaxin, Zanaflex, etc)

For me, flexerial is the hardest to deal with and really didnt help that much Soma and Rhobaxin didnt do a thing for me, even after several weeks using them. I am currently on zanaflex (4mg) and it does tire me out. That is why I take it a night.

Whare are you medical problems? Have you had any diagnostic tests done?

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com