Hello all. I have been reading some of these posts and figured that I would join in. I am sitting here now wondering how my experience will go. I am waiting for scheduling for my surgery. I have already had a non-invasive S.E.D surgery on 3/08 with no benefits. I have undergone tons of epidurials and nerve block injections without any relief. My orthopedic doc wants to do another S.E.D surgery soon to see if a second wack at it will give me benefits, while a neurosurgeon I saw for a second opinion wants to go for the fusion to get rid on all my problems once and for all. I have been out of work now for 6 weeks without pay (I work part-time with no benefits) and this surgeon says that the sooner we do surgery the better chance for me to fully recover and get back to work. I am sick of being like this. My life has never been the way it used to be since a boating accident in 2007 caused all the problems. I am at my wits end. I don't want the "big" fusion surgery, but I am afraid that the "mild" S.E.D surgery will not work again for me, sending me later back to the neurosurgeon for the fusion.
I know this is all whinning, but I feel that it is helpful for me to be able to sit here tonight and get all these thoughts and fears out in the open.
I you have anything to say to me, please write. I would love to hear from anyone out there who has had to make these same kind of decisions.