Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about MRI report

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had an mri of my cervical spine and the report shows a lot of findings that I won't go into right now. It says that I have a hemangioma in my left L4 facets. Where is L4? I thought that L4 was in the lower back? I hope I don't sound too stupid. Anyone know what this is? Thanks all.

• L4 is your lower back. It is your lumbar. There should be a diagram on SH somewhere that has the levels of the spine. Next down is L5 then the lowest is S1. I can't give you any advice or diagnosis of your MRI as I don't even know where to begin and it's against SH rules because we are not medical professionals.

I hope I have helped in some way. Sorry I couldn't help more.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    That's where I thought it was. I wonder why it was on the report for the cervical spine? I thought that since it was a cervical mri that was all it would show? Thanks again. I hope you're doing well.
    Some good info there...Thanks Paul. Like I was telling Michele, I just wondered why it was included in the cervical report?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    that is the way we learn

Here is map of the Spinal Column

The spinal column is broken down into 3 major areas:
    Cervical C1 down to C8
    Thoracic T1 down to T12
    Lumbar L1 down to L5

Then there are also the Sacral area S1 to S5

When we injure a disc, the particular level (always identified as in pairs - L4/L5, so its really the disc
    between vertebrates L4 and L5.

The Spine-Health site also contains details about various conditions of the spine along with videos

Spine Anatomy

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
    I appreciate your time. Hopefully my myelogram/ct and other x-rays will explain why I'm in such pain. I hate the reason behind being on this site but I'm glad to have ran into such nice people as the ones on here. Misery loves company right?