Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back class?

annmarie824aannmarie824 Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Goodmorning everyone,
The hospital where I am having my surgery called yesterday. I have to attend a "Back Class" next Thursday for 2 hours. Has anyone heard of this? The nurse said they will discuss the surgery and recovery including meds and things I will and wont need. I just thought this was a bonus. Who knows! Also Cali-Sue mentioned something...a bag for the way home! Well that ought to be a real treat...where is a good ol' fashioned station wagon when you need one?!
I guess if God would have meant today to be perfect, he wouldn't have invented tomorrow...

• Annie, I think that is great that you get a class. Is your surgery at a spine center? I didn't get anything like that at my local hospital. I think the more prepared you are the better.

Now don't make fun of my plastic bag :))( . I forgot mine, but snagged one of those patient belongings bags for the car seat. I kept it in my car and used it for a few weeks. It really helps a lot (just like the satin sheets).

Now on the ride home try to use a car that is not too high, not too low, and avoid bumpy streets. My daughter chose the bumpy old country road in our neighborhood, OUCH!

Happy planning, >:D< Cali-Sue

P.S. Can the station wagon have the wood panneling on the sides? =))
  • Cali-Sue,
    Way toooo funny!! :))( I thought you needed the plastic bag in case you got sick on the way home!! Boy do I need this forum!! My surgery will be at a hospital in Buffalo, NY. Wood panels on the side of the station wagon...now you are talkin!! :H
  • That's the beauty of the plastic trash bag. It has many useful purposes! B)