Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best Hospital for Cervical Spine Issues in HOuston?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I had ACDF surgery 08/07 and have been having complications since Sept 07. I have been to numerous doctors and am having a hard time getting an honest second opinion in the city I live in which is a big city mind you. I have been to my surgeon on numerous occasions, have gotten other opinions outside of hima and every one knows him and won't go against him. I know there is something wrong..I have had this intense burning pain in my neck for too long on the right side and it radiates up into my skull. I also have right arm tingling near elbow.. I have had numerous MRI's and a myelogram, and cat scans...Pre surgery my symptoms were left sided in shoulder and left upper arm and weakness. I am frustrated and want answers. My hands now are turning purple and blue at the fingers and very cold. I also feel like Im in a cold freezer at times. I have seen a few neurologists and a rheumatologist... Oh the rheumatologist says my hands turning purple and blue is related to anxiety.. NOt true.. It even happens in my feet sometimes.. I am in the medical profession as well and I cant believe the care I have recieved. I need to find the best hospital in Houston that deals with neurological issues.. If anyone knows please advise. I appreciate any advice I can get.. THANK YOU