Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mrs p's week 4

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hello and welcome back to you all for for our fourth week!!!
i hope this week has many lbs lost.
well im not going to weight myself until next week as that shall be the 4 week hurdle passed and the doc wants me back at that stage so im hoping for a good result next week.
i hope the rest off you lot have been successful with your weight loss this week.
i hope to see some off thoses names that originally signed up prior to week 1 appears with a good story for us this week.
take care and look forward to reading all you posts.

• getting fed up i have to say off not losing,im sure u will hae a good result next week p
  • benji, sorry you did not have a weight loss this week!! i stayed the same as well so that puts me at 145#. :W i am disappointed but am looking forward to another chance to take off some weight. feel down for a day or two and then get ready for the rest of the week!! i know you can do it benji!! =D> try and stay away from that bread.. you know, maybe you only need maintenance for awhile.. staying the same is not so bad when you look like you do!! :D good luck next week! Jenny :)
  • I didn't sign up prior to week one, but I lost 3 pounds this week. Does that count? :D

• hello bionic woman and welcome!!!
    of coarse its ok to jump in and post your weight the more the merrier!!
    and im so glad youve had a 3lb loss thats just brill =D> =D> =D> =D>

LOVE P
  • BionicWoman, we are so happy to have you join us!! =D> =D> jump in anytime, now is great with your 3 pound loss!! <:P congratulations!!! :D if you need to post during the week, we are here to support you!! :D looking forward to seeing what next week brings!! Jenny :)
  • i didnt lose nothing this week...ok calling all losers lol report in please lol. sorta sounds bad calling ppl a loser lol but at least with the diet thread its done as a good thing! goodluck everyone ...take care
  • off the diet drug alli,i think thats what its called its big in the USA and will b in the UK in a few months,How come u americans get all the good things first lol

Jenny il try to keep away from the bread,though its hard lol
  • benji, "Alli" has been here for a long time. :D i have thought about using it but the "bathroom problems" associated with it's use have made alot of would be users wary.. :? also it has a rather high price tag!! :D you follow the diet plan and instructions completely and it is possible to have a weight loss. <:P you go first and let me know how it works out!! <:P your avatar looks really good! :D i know you will do your best about the bread! i am trying to stay away from it as well.. ~X( Jenny :)
  • Hey everyone! I did not lose or gain this week...gain! I know I've got to get back on the treadmill, but I've had so much pain here lately that I just can't do it. And...I'm just so darned depressed (you know, about the pain that won't go away), so I eat. I'll try to do better this week.
  • jenny il bethe guinea pig.they say it will be less than £1 aday but will no be on sale for another couple off months
  • Hey guys I gained another pound, which puts me at 265.

I have been dealing with a sinus infection for a couple of months now and lately havent been able to get on the tread mill, at all. Not that I was walking that much before, due to back pain, but now I'm in bed most of the day. Something has to give either I cut more out of my diet, or I increase my exercise.

On Feb. 17th I get my sinus surgery, and hopefully this allows me to get my life back to just regular back pain. In the mean time, I am going to try to keep my wieght the same, or hopefully loose weight slowly. Once I get back on my feet I hope to keep up with Tim. By the way Tim, you are doing a great job at this.

wishing the best,

• neednewback, sorry to hear you are not feeling well and that it is keeping you from exercise among other things!! :( the last thing you need is another pain somewhere else!! ~X( try and stay the same if you can. maintenance can be as difficult as taking off the weight but atleast you won't be putting any more pounds on. don't push yourself too much if you are feeling so bad and in bed. I) i am sure the surgery will make a world of difference for you. just take care of yourself. :D Jenny :)
  • Joy, being depressed is bound to affect your eating habits. give yourself a pat on the back for staying the same. =D> good going!! :D next week will be better for you! Jenny :)
  • Ok all i was at doc yesterday and I officially have lost 20lbs since the 12th. Problem is it coming off the wrong way. Since surgery only on all liquid diet or soft foods so i sure hope that not muscle coming off. Doctor will check again next week but i am happy to have weight off. Ok now where is everyone else. Hopefully soon i will be back on the low carb diet. I so miss my steak.
  • Thanks for the welcome. I actually started with my weight loss back in November, but I kept missing the weigh in dates here. :))(

My most recent 3 pounds brings me to a total loss of 28 pounds. Unfortunately, I seem to be losing it from my bra! #o

• tamtam 20 pounds, think il start a liqiud diet lol
  • I wrote this last night, but don't know what happened to it??? So......anyway, in three weeks, I have lost a whoppin' 1.5 lbs! I've been ramping up on the water intake, as I wasn't much of a water drinker in the first place. I average about 50 oz. of water a day - have to add sugar free/Crystal Light in order to get it down!

Has anyone ever heard of this diet product (or gimic?!)...the Pink Patch? I believe it's something in Europe - supposedly herbal patch that you wear and change daily that aids in weight loss. If you know of or have tried - let me know!

• mstitanium, congrats on your weight loss!! =D> any amount is a boost to keep us going.. so be happy and be proud of yourself.. :D i have never heard of that patch but benji lives in England and maybe they have it there. good going increasing your water. :D water is so good for our skin as well!! Jenny :)
  • BionicWoman, Yikes!!! from your bra? =)) well, you know a loss is a loss. :D Jenny :)
  • Yeah.. I've lost 5 inches in my band size and a whole cup! :''(
  • But at least I didn't gain. I'm dedicated to working harder this week.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Neck of Steel, there are others this week who stayed on maintenance as well. =D> like you said. "atleast you didn't gain!" so a congratulations is in order for that!! <:P we all have next week to to forward to.. Hurray!! :D Jenny :)
  • Are any of y'all using SparkPeople?
  • BionicWoman,hi!! :H i am!!! <:P it helps me record my daily food intake although i am still using a journal but it is great for exercise tips, recipes and support!!!! makes me log in every day and reminds me i am on a "food program!" i really like the exercise videos! =D> i can see right away if i can use that exercise or not! :D you can also get informative, supportive e-mails each day! :? what do you think of it? Jenny :)
  • well i didnt gain or lose weight. i did lose another inch around waist.so im not worried about loss of weight yet. in last 2 weeks iv increased my reps from 15-25 doing 2 sets of 10 exercises on my total gym and 20 min on my eliptical trainer. so weight loss isnnt an issue while losing inches.
  • I'm a number junkie so I *love* the trackers. The nutrition tracker was quite the eye-opener for me, because I discovered I wasn't eating nearly enough.. as strange as that sounds.
  • Has anyone heard of adding lemon juice to water and it's supposed to detoxify and cleanse you. I've been using real lemon the big bottle of lemon juice no added sugar to water and it tastes great with no sweetener. Just use a teaspoon or so. I love water now especially dieting when you need to drink lots of water instead of juices. Good luck everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • start the morning with hot water and lemon it helps to het everything moving if you get my meaning lol,i normally use freah lemons but im sure the bottle stuff is as good
  • As most of u know i have a love/hate thing going on with bread,ive tried bagels instead, has anyone any other suggestions
  • what can we irish chicks do without it lol
    ben i eat tesco own lite loaf its a bit like nimble its ok like if ya know what i mean.
    bagels are disgusting!!!!
    hey all do ya know this is my big week for going back to doc to see how the XENICAL have worked.....im excited about going think ill go tomorrow morning.
    i know for a fact there is a big difference in my weight loss i can feel it in my clothes.
    i keep looking in the mirror at all those wobbly bits disappearing lol.
    ok ok enough info lol.

LOVE P
This discussion has been closed.