Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sore and burning skin, neck, back and arms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone,

As per my history, I have cervical bony spurs, no surgery but doc is still trying to control my pain.
Have been taking Gabapentin for 6 weeks now, but recently been put on Buprenophine patches.
1. My skin on my back and right down to the top of my bottom, and on my arms, feels as though it is on fire, and burning. Does not feel hot to the touch though.
2. Seem to have developed a sore and aching throat that won't go away
3. The skin of my extrmeties, Bottoms of feet, elbows and back of hand semm to be dry and rough.

I've had all the above for about a week now, dunno if it's drug related, nerve pain related, or something new.

The skin thing is so sore and on fire, that when my partner tried to give me an affectionate hug, it felt like I had SEVERE sunburn, which I haven't, it's just so damned sore to the touch

Anybody had this or got any ideas please??

• hi
    sorry to hear about your probs;-(
    i understand TOTALLY i have the exact same symptoms
    iam waiting for my second surgery to be fused at c6-c7.
    the pain is unbearable at times and noone can understand what i describe!!
    anyway i just wrote this note to say you are not alone;-)
    keep your chin up!!
  • I had many symptoms like you. Burning and numbness, tingling and pain. I have a fusion coming up the end of March (gotta get that vacation time built up) for C4 thru C7. I have narrowing of the spinal column and the foreamen thing (whatever that is). I have 3 squashed disks and one that floats into my spinal chord.

All I can say is Ice is your friend. Ice is the only thing that helps control the issues. The inflammation in your neck is certianly causing pressure-I would think- I am not a doctor.
    I have done 6 rounds of steroids, celebrex, ibuprofin daily, skelaxin and lidocaine patches. I LOVE the Skelaxin, ibuprofin with lidocaine patches, That really helps. Talk to your physician and let them know of your symptoms. Don't give up and get a second or third opinion if necessary. I am not saying keep looking until someone says surgery but rather make sure you are confident in your physician.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    It's so strange that I read this post right now. My son and I were on our way home from shopping earlier and I had a terrible headache and of course neck pain. That goes without saying with me. But I told him that my neck feels like it's on fire and asked him to feel it and see if it was really hot and he said no it wasn't. It feels like my skin gets sore to touch...really sensitive. I've asked a couple of doctors about this before but it puzzles them also. Hope you get it figured out. If so, please let me know. Take care and feel better.
  • Wow, down memory lane I go.

Last April I started having the strangest sensations in my upper body, mostly my arms. I'd get a chill, then huge goosebumps and hair standing on end, then a wicked burning sensation, then my muscles would hurt. I got to the place where I always had to wear long sleeves. I described this to my husband, but decided it was too strange to go to the doctor for. A month later, we found out about my neck and *poof* now I knew where it came from. It's nerves. They can do some wicked things when they're compressed.

There is an old thread from "downinmyheart" in the surgery section called something like "Massive Goosebumps" where she was experiencing this and wondered if anyone else was. Indeed, there were.

What is your doc saying about treatment or surgery?