Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain from severe Rheumotoid Arthrities

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi there! I wonder if anybody here can share with me their story about leaving with RA.
I was dx with MS and RA on a summer of "08.
I have a lots of other problems due to my spinal surgeries, but this is different.
I have a lots of pain in every joint of my body + soft tissues. Pain in my elbows and swollenes of the hands and elbows was very bad and DR ordered MRI of the elbows and arms.
It came back so scary! Not only I have RA changes in every bone, but I got tears and ruptures in my tendons, ligaments and muscles. I am loosing use of my arms and hands.
They put me on chemo therapy right the way and I had no help from this treatment at all. Boy, was I sick! As strong as I am, I wasn't happy being on it at all. Than I got skin infection which did not heal for 2 month due to my immune system being low (due to chemo; supresses your immune system and body can't fight any infections) and my DR stopped my medication.
Now I am on Enbrel shots which I inject myself to my thigh once a week and so far so good regarding any reactions.

Please, share your story with me. I do a lot of research, very happy with my excellent, knowlegable Dr, but never hurts to find out more information... Leave and learn, right?
Have a great day! All the best to all of you!
advertisement

Comments

• My daughter who just turned 15 was diagnosed with JRA when she was 1 1/2 years old so we know too well what your going through...When the flare ups are bad she is put on methotrexate injections.When she was little the only way we knew she was hurting is when she refused to stand up because it was too painful for her, at that time she was not old enough to tell us.
    You have my prayers, it is a very painful thing to have.
    Jeanette
  • Thank you much for your reply, greatly appreciated.
    I was dx with JRA at age 14. Many years later one of not very knowlegeble DR misdiagnosed me saying that I outgrew RA and now I have Fibromyologa only. I trusted him due to being young and not really experienced at that time.
    I lost so much time; b/s I did not get treatments for years when finally I found a great RA Dr for myself, she was shocked the severity of damages i have not to joints only, but to soft tissues. Now i need to have reconstractive surgeries to both of my elbows, shoulders and arms for the function of my hands to return. But I can't do it at this point, b/s of treatments I am on and as you know treatments supresses immune system and any invasive surgery can cause fatal infections.
    I feel for your daughter; I am 53, but she is still so young. My heart goes out to you as a mother and to this girl who has so many years ahead of her...
    Did she try Enbrel? Prednisone (sp?)?
    I found that Meth (chemo therapy) did not help me a bit during 9 month of treatment. I am glad to know this helps her. Enbrel shots are $500.00 each! I would rather be on Meth for this reason.
    I wish your girl to get better; I hope they will come up with something soon to help us, sufferers with this debilitating condition.

Hugs and prayers, Moldova
This discussion has been closed.