Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TENS electrodes

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Management
I need more electrodes for my TENS unit and am wondering about people's experiences with different brands. There are foam pads that cost a little more - are they worth it? I use them on my lumbar region and want something that'll stick well and for many times if I'm sweating on the heating pad. I found few reviews on the web - the Dura-Stick II seem to have a good reputation. What about the PALS foam, Valtrode or Uni-patch brands? Thanks.

• I use RS Medical 2 3/4" pads, they seem big but stick well and work about a thousand times better than the 2" circles. They also last 3-4 times longer. I also have some hypo-allergenic ones that are 2" square, they're really goopy & stick to my clothes so I don't like them as much.

My TENS is RS Medical and my insurance covers pads so I haven't used any other brands.
  • I dug out my hypo-allergenic pads, and they are made by PALS. They're definitely substantially built and they hold on real well. I do like the bigger pad better but these aren't bad at all. They are the Platinum blue model.
  • my skin is knackered through using my acticare 24/7 and the only electrodes that i can use are the PALS blue TPN 150 they cost 5 pounds for 4 i get them from physiomed in glossop in the UK .i did use the PALS valutrode for years but then i developed an allergic reaction to the adhesive so i switched to the blue ones the value trode were a good purchase because i could buy 20 for 15 pounds
  • Thanks for the responses. I found the PALS platinum blue ones for $17 including the shipping. That's for the 1.5" x 4" ones, which sound better than the 2x2 for the lower back. They only make the two sizes, BTW. They cost a lot more than some of the other brands but it sounds like they'll last far longer than the 10-20 uses usually promised in the ads for other types.

Straker, I guess I'm not that good at my British English, though, because I have no idea what happens when your skin gets "knackered" :-). Is that anything like knackered up? Oh, wait, that's knocked up. I'm familiar with the differences between bonnets and boots, napkins and serviettes, and think it's pretty funny that there's a town here in Oregon called Wanker's Corner (and one called Boring, too - been to both!). I guess knackered means a getting a rash?