Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rubybear introducing myself

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, everyone!

After registering and posting a reply to someone in the forum, I’m sort of coming in the back door to introduce myself. I actually found your forums while looking for information about Spinal Cord Stimulators. I’ve had mine for 7 years, and I wanted to see if anyone has had the surgery to replace the battery/generator. Didn’t find my answer, but educated myself a whole bunch, anyway! This is a great website.

I guess you could say I’m a bit of a ‘senior’ member, being 58. I’ve had chronic back pain for 33 years, and RSD nerve pain for 16 years, so I guess you could say I’ve been around the block. In addition to finding help for myself, I would love to be able to help others by sharing information about my own conditions & experiences.

Thanks for being here for us,

P.S. My account page says I have one new message, but when I click on it, a page loads that says “You are not authorized to access this page”. I’m sure it’s the welcome message - can you delete it?

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. well, you are a little older than me, i am 52, so i know some of the different problems we face being older. :T it sounds like you have found your way around. i cannot help you with the page problem, but let a moderator know and they can help you with it. i am looking forward to reading your posts. :D Jenny :)
  • I'm sure some others will be around to answer your question. I know there's a few around. But if no one answers post agin with SCS that'll catch their attention. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It sounds like you have much knowledge to share with the rest of us. I think that I recently saw a thread about replacing the battery on a spinal cord stimulator. Do a search and you may find it. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • Hi Rubybear
    Like you, I too have just registered with SH when I had been looking for info on my SCS but I've only had mine for aliitle over two years. I have started having some problems with it surging pretty strong one day and then very strong from my back down one arm . Since you have had yours awhile longer I was wondering could this be a short in the leads? But then, why not all the time??? I'm waiting on an appt. with the Dr.now. Have you experienced this with yours?
  • Hi, javagirl.

Sorry I'm just getting around to replying, but I've still been searching all over the internet to try to find someone who has replaced their SCS with a whole new one after many years. I'm wondering how the surgeons handle the whole scar tissue situation, etc.

Anyway, in reply to your post, I've never had a strong surge like the one you describe. It does sound like some sort of short in the leads to me. I'm glad you'll be seeing the doctor, and hopefully the rep. Is your SCS a lumbar one, for lower body pain? If so, tingling in the arm sounds very weird to me.

If I do get an increase in tingling (from things like blowing my nose, raising my arms, or lying on my back), it just feels like mild electrocution down my leg, and goes away as soon as I change position.

Good luck,