Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tingling in front of thigh

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
I've had surgery on my L5-S1 disc twice now, but recently, along with the usual sciatica behind my right leg, tingling in my right thigh has begun. I've had an MRI and a ct/myelogram and nothing major shows up. However, clumping of nerves showed up between L2 and L4. Does anyone know if these are the levels that cause the pain/tingling in the front thigh? I've never dealt with this before. It seems to be gradually getting worse recently.

• After I had my microdiscectomy and the scar tissue formed on the nerves, I started having pain, aching, and itching outside the usual L4-L5 areas that had been my source of problems before the surgery. My pain management doc said that happens sometimes.
  • Look for the DERMATOME charts. But keep in mind these charts are only a generalization and we don't all have nerve pain that follows the charts exactly. But they do provide a road map so the doctor knows where to begin looking for the cause of pain.

Pain on the topside of the thigh is often radiating from the L3 nerve root.
  • Thank you for the info. I will look online for some more charts.

• just to add to Zach comment regards singulair, I had had experience of this.
    For an anti-inflammtory response you should see some improvement within 4-6 weeks. Any doctor who is aware of the properties of the medicine will understand this and will be able to understand the logic. It is a drug that is used from babies 6 months old and not expensive. Ask your doc for your won trail, you will soon know in 4-6 weeks if it helps.
  • Hi csp,
    I had a fusion at L2-3 in November. The front of my thigh is most definately the area effected by the L2-L3 nerves. I have neuritis from surgery right now so the nerve is pretty spastic right now, some burning, the muscles in my thigh are jumpy and it is very hypersensitive. I do have some pain when the muscles spasm bad, but so far that is not very painful. I am hoping this is temporary but who knows. I am just glad the *horrible pain* I had before surgery is gone.
    Here is a link to a dermatome map.

Take Care,

Fused L2-3 to S1 and at C5-6. I have a central herniation @ T11-12 and multiple bulging discs in my thoracic. I also have fibromyalgia and suspected arachnoiditis, awaiting my results of a recent MRI.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • Go away, SPAM - and boy is your post loaded with it. SPAM Alert!!!!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I had a cosmetic radio frequency (monopollar) done to my thighs and was over treated on what I now understand to be the highest setting on the device although I am a very small person. I developed cosmetic irregularities on the skin and divots from uneven fat burning. I am far more worried about the medical concerns resulting rather than the cosmetic. I am 7 month out procedure and doctor has is giving me fat graphs to correct irregularities but I now have constant tingling in my thighs whenever I sit or lay still. I am wondering if my nerves have been damaged and what I should do. I am scared as this does not seem right.