Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left leg discomfort

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
background: for the past 19 years i've had back pain on occasion. hurt it bad in june, so the dr sent me for an mri. he found protrusions at L3/L4, L4/L5 and L5/S1. pain only affected my right side. i went for a series of steroid injections and pt. was feeling great by october. while doing some vacuuming, i felt some discomfort. four days later i could barely move. a few days after that i had a microdiscectomy done on L4/L5.

had a good recovery. every once in a while i'll pick up my dog (bend at knees and some at waist). he's a little guy, maybe 9 lbs, but i'll get a pain in my lower back that shoots through my whole body. the other thing that's been bothering me lately is my left leg at the top of my thigh. the pain feels as though i overextended my leg, but i don't remember doing so. if i'm sitting and i want to move my left foot forward, i feel it there and in the front of my thigh. also, after standing up from the commode, it takes a minute for me to be able to put weight on the leg. while sitting there, i sometimes get a sharp, extreme pain in my knee. as i've never had problems on my left side, i am wondering if this could be related to my back problems.

• Im new here also, but noticed we both have left leg pain. Just wanted to say hello, and hopefully someone here can answer both of our questions.
  • still have this pain in my left leg. some days are better than others. yesterday was a bad one. while walking i get a sharp pain in the front of my thigh. occasionally i'll fell a dull pain in my lower leg and in my foot. also didn't sleep too well last night, waking a few times due to the pain (and the dog pressing against me). i put in a call to my primary but he's booked for the day, so i'll be seeing him monday. should i go to him or just call the neuro who did my microdiscectomy for the problems with my right leg? are these possible symptoms of sciatica?