Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

discogram

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello.
I have severe pain in my left back hip and buttock. Had a discogram done today. I had severe pain on the side during the procedure (this is the side the needles were in on) with pain into the right thigh and buttock. It was awful. I never even felt pressure on the side I always have the pain on. Does this just mean the test was negative??
When i told the doctor about the pain radiating down the right leg he told me he only wanted to know about the left side.
advertisement

Comments

• When I had the discogram Jan 23, the doctor told me the results right after, I guess you did not get any results. I don't know what pain on the opposite side means, I had the same pain that I usually have and it radiates down both legs, but worse on the left.
    Don't be surprised if you have pain worse than usual for a couple days. I did and it was bad for 3 days and gradually got better.
    I hope you have an appointment with your doctor soon to discuss the results.
    Take care,
    Stacey
  • I guess i didnt ask enough question before the test. I normally have pain on my left side. So when i had the discogram done he entered from the right side. I never felt anything on the left side during the procedure, not even pressure. I was wondering when he tested a level you did not have pain did you at least feel pressure.

I am assuming the discogram was normal, which does not explain my pain. He said something about 2 tears but because i did not feel pain he feels my pain is not from this. When i told him about the pain down my right leg during the procedure he said he was not testing that side he was testing the left side. Also i feel like i was given too much sedation.
  • when they did my discogram i knew right that day.. i have two tears one at l3-4, and one l4-5 with radiating pain down right leg..... my tests both tested positive and showed the tears worse than they thought after the ct part of the scan was done....if it resembles the pain you have then its a positive test.... if it doesnt reproduce the pain then its a negative test..... now with that said.... im sure all tests have that fluff room.... my pain during the procedure reproduced my pain exactly... then i was sent for ct after....

they also did a bone scan which was a long - expensive test... had to do that to rule out a congenital fusion i have from being a pain cause... luckily for me the congenital fusion wasnt the problem my 2 level surgery is coming up next month... just got the news today..... scared to death!!!
  • Thanks for the info. I did speak to my doc. He said i have 2 tears but they are not the cause of my pain. I think that is a good thing.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.