Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Revision Surgery.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone,
Ive not posted for a long time, I had surgery in August 08- L4-5 Fusion, L3-4 Adr (prodisc)
Unfortunately there have been alot of post op problems and to cut a long story short, my fusion has failed and is causing problems due to hypermobility, so Im resceduled to have a revision in April using the legacey system (rod and more screws), Unfortunately, on top of this it has also been discovered that a majority of my pain is coming from the ADr site, where it has just been discovered that I have facet joint problems, I had injections into the facets a couple of weeks ago which sadly didnt help.
I just feel really overwhelmed at the moment, and shocked that both aspects of my surgery are now problematic. Im positive that the fusion revision will help, but the facet joint problems do concern me as there is Adr is still a fairly new process,and revision surgery is very limited.
I really worry that I will never get back to my job, and its really difficult emotionally to be in a great deal more pain post op when I was expecting things to be better.
Sorry for moaning and thanks for listening.
kind regards to all
sarah x

• I'm scheduled May 5th for a revision of my PLIF. I can't comment on the hardware, as mine is just screws and rods w/cage....but I know where you're coming from with the frustration. To have to face another REALLY painful surgery after having such high hopes for the 1st one! You go through the "it's not fair" all over again b/c it isn't fair to have to deal with the back issues in the first place and to go through this another time is REALLY, REALLY not fair. Just keep positive that this is the last time and it will WORK!! That's all I can do at this point also. Good luck!!!!
  • Yes i understand, i just went through a revision of the L-4 L-5 s-1. jan 13, 09. it was terrible now i have 10 screws, starting to walk walk walk in the house and also they went two levels higher.i believe the first doc messed me up cuz the report says i never had a fusion, and the screws were stuck in my bone which was causing my bones to bleed the report says my surgery was very challenging!!i dont know i have most of the pain in my legs so i continue to walk no matter what , it is very depressing cause i never thought id have to do this over again and as u know recovery sux,my meds r neurotin norco and tramodol...and at nitr i will take a volume, it really is not fair but we do have to keep positive and keep moving
  • Wow, I do not blame you one bit for the way you feel.

I remember when you had your surgery in August. I can't believe things went downhill so bad for you.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best in April
  • Thanks so much for your kind comments, it means alot as I feel very isolated at the moment, I miss my old life, my job, and its very hard to keep my self esteem up somedays, I feel as though I have little purpose and that I have nothing interesting to talk about anymore, Its hard not knowing what my future is, and although I try to tall myself to take one day at a time, its difficult,
    Claudia, im so sorry that you are also in a difficult position, and its very sad when things dont turn out, its difficult to keep the strength to stay positive everyday, even though I am a positive person. But I am very grateful for the support and words from others, people do manage whatever the situation and they get through whatever challenges life gives, I am humbled by this, and it does remind me on the tough days that I an do it.
    warmest hugs and wishes to all x