Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OMG now I really messed up

VickiVVicki Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a synovial cyst and L3 spinal fusion 11/20/08. Was recovering well until last Tues- one week ago today.
Had a major back spasm, legs buckled, caught my shoe on the kitchen cabinet and broke my back at L3. The fusion seems to have held but i fractured the L3. 911 was called- they flat boarded me- took me in the ambulance. Spent 3 days in hospital in crazy pain. They can not do surgery as my fusion was just 2 months ago. So Im living on 15 percs a day but cut way down today. Ridiculous amount of drugs, right? Ill just suffer. I am in severe pain and have help 24/7. Can you believe this???

• I had a spinal compression fracture a year ago this month and that pain was so different than regular back pain, surgery pain, etc. And it hurt for 2 months straight, but nothing I could do but take meds for it.

I hope you feel better really soon.

Gentle ( (HUGS ) )

• I had L2-3 fusion 11/25/08, your story is just awful!! I am so sorry. I can't even imagine the pain you are in. I am constantly afraid of falling, I will not go outside if there is snow or ice on the ground. Now, i will be even more careful around the house.
    Take Care of Yourself...

Fused L2-3 to S1 and at C5-6. I have a central herniation @ T11-12 and multiple bulging discs in my thoracic. I also have fibromyalgia and suspected arachnoiditis, awaiting my results of a recent MRI.
  • That sounds terrible for you. Perhaps your surgeon can give you something stronger for pain. Percocets have acetaminophen(Tylenol) and you're not supposed to go over 4 grams in 24 hours. You should give him a call and let him know your pain level and the amount of percocets you're taking. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • call your surgeon. There are alot of thingd they can do. I am on Fently patches that last for 3 days and take oxycodone for break through. I had percocets and didnt like all the tylenol. Good Luck and hope you can fine someting to help you.
  • OMG

That is horrible, I am so sorry. I hope you get better soon but I agree with everyone call your surgeon maybe he can help with the pain. Good Luck.