Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow's the big day!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, it's about that time. My ALIF at L5/S1 is tomorrow at 8:30 am CST. I'm scared to death! Wish me luck!

• I am 6 weeks out from ALIF at L4/5 and I am in almost 0 pain for most of the day, I haven't been able to say that for YEARS! =D>

Good Luck & get a good nights sleep >:D<
  • Hope everything goes well for you. Will be thinking of you. I am 7 weeks out and hope you do as well as I have.
  • Good luck, you will do fine!
  • Tomorrow is my 2 week post-op L5-S1 ALIF. We can compare notes! I was so terrified, my heart rate was 148 when I got to the pre-op! But I am doing great, I feel good and I'm down to 4 percocets a day for painkillers, no nerve pain and progressing nicely. The first couple days are tough but you are in the hospital for a reason :)))

Good luck and keep us posted!! You are going to do JUST FINE! Believe it.
  • much good luck. Go to sleep tonight visualizing a nice, healed back. Tomorrow morning, keep it calm, visualize, and believe in the process.

Take care and let us know when you get home how you are doing!!

• good luck tomorrow on surgery.
    just remember its going to be a different pain then what you have now. but the nurses etc will get you through. if they ask if you want a patient controlled pain pump say YES YES YES YES!! lol they always ask me while putting the IV in.
    best invention in the whole wide world lol
    now if you could only have them at home for nights like this one. ugghh..

let us know as soon as you are able how things went and how you are feeling...

your in our thoughts xoxoxooxoxoxx
  • My husband, my daughter and my priest were all with me while I waited for my surgery. They are all clowns and kept me laughing. Which was really good for me because otherwise I would have been "sweating bullets."

Terri is right,don't be shy about asking for pain meds. And try to keep on top of the pain. Don't wait until it gets out of hand to ask for help. Keep a regular intake of meds up until you are past the first days. If narcotics tend to make you nauseous, they can give you something for that. Much better than getting sick at your stomach.

Above all, know that we are all pulling for you. Let us know as soon as you can how the surgery went. I have had a good outcome from my surgery. It took about 6 weeks but my nerve pain is considerably better. And whereas before surgery I could hardly walk, I'm easily walking 1 to 2 miles a day.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
  • Mine is tomorrow so I know how you feel. I honestly wish you the best and hope you recover quickly. Stay positive and update us on your recovery.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Good Luck to you also! Let us know how you are when you are feeling up to it. Will be thinking of you too!
  • I wish you the best of luck - remember ot just take it easy and LET everyone help you - you will not regret it and don't rush your recovery - take advantage of that too ;) GOOD LUCK hun.