Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness after epidural

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Spinal Injections
I have multi lower back problems that most often causes the greatest pain in my left leg. I have had surgery twice for stenosis, bulging discs, herniated disc. From what I have read there isn't much hope in avoiding future problem. So I am hoping to do all I can help to avoid more surgery. I had a epidural in November and now have some nerve damage (numbness) in my left leg and mostly in my foot. No doctor wants to talk about it. I do wear a brace for fallen toes, and it helps with my limp and tiredness. Both legs are weak so I am also into PT. Then we wait and see. Has anyone had this side effect? Does it get better? He injected the nerve on purpose and that pain was beyond a 10. Thanks, Nupe

• I had a baby four months ago and had an epidural. The spot always felt strange, but a few weeks ago it became numb. Now numbness is spreading across my back. At times I feel numbness in my neck, cheeks, and the top of my head. I looked up epidural on wikipedia and that had some useful information although it scared me. I thought it was safe. Everything went well when I recieved the epidural, no pain, just discomfort. I'm going to contact an anaesthesiologist today. If I find something out, I will post it.
  • I had an ESI done on 8-25-09 and I have been in so much more back pain, leg pain and numbness since. I believe the Dr. hit a nerve during the injection, I alomost jumped out of the chair when it was done.

Can this be permanent nerve damage?