Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

workin out

cliffy1012ccliffy1012 Posts: 92
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Exercise and Rehab
from the first day i had surgery the surgeon told me to walk as much as possible. ive been post op 10 weeks now and i try to walk somehere. it was slow at first. but after 4 weeks i have been walking 6 miles or more.if i cant walk due to weather ive been getting on my eliptical trainer every day.
at 6 weeks i didnt lift anything over 10 lbs. i started working out on my total gym on the lowest level. which equals about 10-15 lbs. doing about 10 diff exercises at 10 reps a piece. arms hurt bad next day. but i knew it was from not lifting anything.at 11 weeks i am now on level 4 which is about 60lbs. doing slow exercises and keeping posture straight.10 -15 reps each. with this machine i dont have to worry about bending or looking down.sotake your work out slow and work your way up to more weights. i felt like a wimp at first lifting only a few lbs at first . but realized if i had tried to lift a lot right off the bat i could have screwed something up and end up in hospital. so remember slow and easy wins the race. dont over do it!!!!

• yes i do take it easy theres times i take a few days off to let muscle rest.my first 5 weeks of exercises i only built up strength. since yesterday i switched to bulking up the muscle. compared to the total gym at 60 lbs the free weights i can only do 10-20 lbs. and thats all i use. i want to be able to go back to work and not try delivering my mail rte of 10 miles and not have worked out at all. that would screw me up big time. so im taking it slow and easy! thanks