Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in the everywhere

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Water Cooler
Is this where we come to feel miserable when it is not related to our "normal" pain? :)
Went to see my PCP Monday night cause he wants to see me every month to make sure I'm stable, now mind you I had the Psych eval for my SCS last Thursday! So, any who, I waked up yesterday with that feeling. Ya'll know the one, the cold or flu is moving in :( Woo,hoo.
So I went to work yesterday and with some sudafed hid in my office all day as I did not want to spread the joy, I am a nice guy, no matter what else you may have heard...
Last night I knew it was too much to go back in today :(
So here I sit burning sick time that I was desperately trying to save to get me thru my scs trial and hoepfully the permanent version :( errrrr.
I am somewhat ticked. The good side is the aches and pains are enough to cancel out my constant pain! I ache so much all over I only took two Hydrocodone and some Benedryl (which is great stuff for sleep!) plus my Desipramine and a 300mg of Neurontin at bedtime. That will make the PCP happy if I stretch my hydros out longer. I doubt he cares how I do it as long as I do!
So, Here I am, watching crappy daytime TV, again. Love HDTV, but hey you are just seeing more detail on the same old boring shows!
How's everyone else handle sick days on top of pain days? I was thinking of perhaps going into the doctors office, sneezing on my hands then shaking his... :)
I would not do that though! I got to respect my PCPs grit and determination to his job, the man is bound to a wheel chair after fighting MS for 20 years now! When I first saw him, he ran and biked and was extremely active. Now he is frail and wheel chair bound, yet he works a fairly normal schedule. His wife works in the same building and joins him for lunch. In retrospect I should ask him how he copes? Perhaps there is information there I have ignored? Perhaps he will not share if I do ask? I do know he can spend lots of time on each patient as they allow him longer to get around in his chair.
Take care, don't catch what I got... got to love January in WV.

• Sorry to hear you are suffering so much. Not sure what to tell you since i have not suffered as you are doing. My heart goes out to you tho. O:)

Here's hoping and praying that you get well very soon. Take care and God bless.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • I made it back in to work today! :( Ugh...
    Only used two sick days, I hate using sick days when I'm sick... Still loaded up on Sudafed, on top of my normal mix...