Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my plight

dave80909ddave80909 Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
hello all

So glad to find this place, I went staight to the
chat room and found so many wonderful people that
helped me so much. I actually cried, I found people
with the same issues I did.

Anyhoo..I had surgery on my neck dec. 8
They fused, put in a plate, pins, cages, etc.
on C 3 4 5 6 7..

I'm doin somewhat better, my arm pain went away
and my hand numbness, and I got quite a bit of
dexterity back. The bad new is I still have horrible
pain in my feet and legs, and can barely walk.
I shuffle actualy and my foot drags, and I stumble
over easily.

I just want to thank every one I've met so far.
They have been so helpful like getting my lists
prepared for my doc visits, and recommending
drugs and such..so glad to know I'm not alone

XXX-OOO to all of you

• And welcome to Spine-Health. You've come to the right place for support and I'm glad you've already made some new friends.

As you can see by my signature, I had a 3-lvl ACDF, but I don't have any major lingering effects. I'm healing at the pace my doc says is normal, but way too slow for me. I start PT this afternoon. ACK!

You had a very major surgery and your not very long out. I'm glad you have some relief, but I worry about your feet and legs. What does your surgeon say about it?

Take care and nice to meet you fellow Cervical Spiney!
  • I am glad that you found us as this is an excellent source of support and understanding. I will look forward to seeing you around.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. glad you found the chat room and are making new friends already!! =D> take care and good luck as you continue to recover! :D Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Dave, you are still relatively fresh out of surgery, and yes the typical items that need to approve after X amount of weeks has already passed for you. Spinal surgery like any other surgery is not a simple matter, its a detailed open up the skin and start to move aside so that you can get to the problem.
    Its so difficult waiting , the wait and see game grows on your nerves, you are feeling better, you want all of you to feel better. Give it time.
    Remember, prior to surgery, you had to favor the part of your spine what there was pain in, but by doing that, which we all do, another part of the spine or elsewhere can be neglected. And many times that proves to be the source of your problem.

Please, this is not saying that the doctors didnt take every thing into consideration. They did want they were told to go in and do. I think only the obvious problems show up that any doctor can see. But so many are small, just waiting to explode
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I cant begin to describe what I've learnd here.
    thank you all what a wonderful place for support.

Ron you give me hope in this waiting, but what an
    ordeal this is. at least this site has helped me
    cope and learn and make new friends.