Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
well hello all!!!

ireland has snow!!!!!heavy heavy snow!!! we are not used to this so.........i didn't get to the docs as we are snowed in I'm very disappointed i was so looking forward to my weigh in with the doc after my 4 week challenge on XENICAL but sure tomorrow is another day.
i phoned docs to let them know i couldn't get down and sure it didn't matter because neither could the doc!!
well anyhow enough about me come on the rest off you and get you statistics up on the thread and lets see what you all have accomplished this week.

• I'll go. :D

I only lost 1 pound last week, which is a bit frustrating because I was expecting more. But I lost 5 more inches in my overall measurements, so I guess the pound difference I was expecting was actually toning.

• well sure as long as you lost the inches you still know that all your work is not in vain.
    i find the inch loss very rewarding. its great to put something on that was just not comfortable a few weeks back and bang!!! it fits!!
    well done bionic woman and keep it up.

LOVE P
  • Hey guys, I did better than I thought I would this week. I just weighed in and I am down 3 pounds to 262! I still am unable to exercise, although I feel a bit better today and my try to get on the treadmill just to streatch out.

Take care................Mitch
  • neednewback, congratulations on your 3 pound weight loss. <:P imagine what more you will drop by adding in exercise!! :D jump on that machine just a little to start. gives you the feeling of accomplishement even if only for a few minutes. minutes add up and before you know it you are on a regular exercise routine. =D> i look forward to seeking how you do next week! :D Jenny :)
  • hi all! :H well i am happy to say i lost 2 more pounds and that puts me at 143#. =D> besides using the journaling, the pedometor has really got me moving. cutting out all meat and chicken has been another boost to my weight loss plan. i would sure like a steak with mushrooms and onions right now though! :D using sparkspeople has been of a benefit as well. so my weight loss program is pretty fine tuned. it is said the last 10 pounds are the hardest but i am up for the challenge. :T good luck to everyone this week. happy and healthy eating! Jenny :)
  • Well, I stayed the same this week - this can be so frustrating at times! And that makes me want to cheat at times. Well, maybe I need to look into a different avenue to this weight loss.....until next week, happy dieting all!

• mstitanium, you sound disappointed but your sense of humor will carry you through!! :D remember, you did not gain!!! =D> see if a small tweak in your food or exercise plan could make a difference! our weight loss programs are always a work in progress!! good luck till next week! :D Jenny :)
  • give yourselfs a pat on the back,i lost 1 pound but feel so bloated.jenny you are so right about the last few pounds mine are just not wanting to go anywhere.paula the snow did nt make as far as bangor boo hoo and the kids were really looking forward to it so i had no excuse not to go to work,though lots of patients coming from the country had to cancel their appointments because of the snow
  • well guess what???.....its still snowing here in Ireland.
    I'm just across the lough from Benji here in Ireland and she don't have anywhere near the same snow as we do!!!
    well anyhow just dropped by to say hi and to let you know that being stuck in the house because off this snow ain't doing my diet much good!!!...i am finding myself nibbling more suppose its boredom.
    so come on get posting then i can get reading to stop me eating!!!!.

LOVE P
  • talk about snowing and such things!! :? did you know that 20 to 30 minutes of activity, 3 to 4 times a week, can really add to your weight loss?? the problem for many of us is the pain we get from exercising for so long. ~X( did you know that as long as you get that time in,even if broken up into 10 minute intervals, does the same thing for you? =D> in other words, 2 to 3 times a day for 10 minutes, gets our 20 to 30 minutes of exercise in!!! =D> so don't feel pressured to do all your exercise at one time. whether you decide to walk, or use a machine or get into the pool, whatever your exercise is..go for it when you can, a little at a time!! :D Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.