Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ken Grey Eagle

MaggiePMMaggieP Posts: 349
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone heard from Ken? I've been AWOL for a few weeks, and couldn't see any recent posts. Hope he is getting closer to having answers about his proposed surgery.


  • I know his date with the surgeon was getting close so I hope he's recovering from his surgery. Ken if you're reading this we are all thinking of you and missing you. Wishing you the very best.
  • Hi guys! I'm still waiting. My DO is doing an EMG on me on Feb 16th. This was recommended by the second opinion Neurosurgeon. I see my surgeon on March 2nd (a Monday). I'm really hoping he finally tells me its time for surgery then.

    My pain has been getting quite a bit worse. From my left hand all the way up to my shoulder blades and neck and down the other side to my right arm and hand. My DO increased my Lyrica from 300mg a day to 400. He refuses to increase my Vicodin (5/500) 1x a day or Morphine (30mg) 2x a day.

    I sure will update you guys after March 2nd! I do read these forums most every day and am always thinking of you guys!

  • Ken, I'm just...what's the word...horrified, I guess, that you've been having to wait so long. It seems like I've been reading your posts since last November and it's always hurry up and wait! March???

    I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Can't they speed things up at all?

    Well, just my thoughts. Very frustrating.

  • Hi Cath:

    Yeah, I don't even remember now the events from the time I was diagnosed. As I recall I had 2, maybe 3 MRI's, a CAT Scan thrown in for good measure, an EMG at diagnosis. Then my Neuro Surgeon wanted to get a second opinion from another Neuro Surgeon.

    I remember my Neuro Surgeon suggesting an Laminectomy at one point. But that was no certain thing. The second opinion surgeon did say the disc at C5-C6 is pressing hard against my nerve root and spine. He's the one that suggested another EMG. I am having that EMG next Monday (today is Sunday Feb 7th).

    I see my Neuro Surgeon on March 2nd. I am really hoping he finally says, "Ok, now its time for surgery!" I am believing this will be the case. I am certainly going to tell him my pain is far worse than the last time I saw him. I think that was late November, maybe early December. So, lets hope.

    My wife was telling me if he does not decide at that point I should change to a surgeon she is familiar with at the hospital she works at. She works in medical records there.

    Anyway, Thanks guys for remember me! I fully intend to keep particpating here for a very long time. At this juncture I would not be surprised if I'm soon on permanent disability for a variety of reasons.

    Ken GreyEagle
Sign In or Register to comment.